• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We are about to go on a run that will determine our season...

bLACKpANTHER

We just came off the road and have a huge home stand against some very beatable teams.
There are 3 back-to-backs in there but just look at our schedule for the next few weeks:

PHO-- back to back
@PHI-- back to back
IND
MIN
NO
DET-- back to back
HOU-- back to back
DAL
ORL
@MIA
DEN
SAS-- back to back
@BRK-- back to back

is we come out with a record of 9-4, we will be sitting very pretty..

only IND, DAL, MIA and SAS have winning records.. our remaining schedule is full of winnable game but we do have SEVEN back-to-backs in there.. i just hope we don't get worn out down the stretch..

28 minutes ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

We just came off the road and have a huge home stand against some very beatable teams.
There are 3 back-to-backs in there but just look at our schedule for the next few weeks:

PHO-- back to back
@PHI-- back to back
IND
MIN
NO
DET-- back to back
HOU-- back to back
DAL
ORL
@MIA
DEN
SAS-- back to back
@BRK-- back to back

is we come out with a record of 9-4, we will be sitting very pretty..

only IND, DAL, MIA and SAS have winning records.. our remaining schedule is full of winnable game but we do have SEVEN back-to-backs in there.. i just hope we don't get worn out down the stretch..

I'll take a number 6 seed vs the Celtics.  

28 minutes ago, Jase said:

that loss yesterday was pretty deflating though, I guess you see that a lot at the end of road trips.  Still, I was hoping there wouldn't be a letdown.

That had a lot to do with the start time IMO. They ended up actually making a game of it late but it was just too much to overcome.

And yeah, you'd think Boston would be a good matchup, but for some reason they have our number this year.

Give me Toronto in a 2-7 matchup.

1 hour ago, Goondal said:

I am fine with the 6 or 7.  Do not win too much though and get in the 4/5 (sounds so weird to say)

The East is wiiiiiide open this year until you meet certain doom against Cleveland.

Outside of them, there's no team on paper that is clearly head and shoulders above the Hornets. Others may have better talent at the top, but the Hornets have great bench production and the ability to hit 3s. Both are great equalizers.

21 minutes ago, cbarrier90 said:

The East is wiiiiiide open this year until you meet certain doom against Cleveland.

Outside of them, there's no team on paper that is clearly head and shoulders above the Hornets. Others may have better talent at the top, but the Hornets have great bench production and the ability to hit 3s. Both are great equalizers.

What team do you think has the best chance to knock them off if everything fell right?

1 minute ago, Goondal said:

What team do you think has the best chance to knock them off if everything fell right?

Pacers: Watch the Heat-Pacers series from a few years in a row to see how well they play LeBron teams. Paul George could outplay LeBron if he has a herculean series, and Monta Ellis is pretty clutch.

Raptors: I don't particularly like their chances, I don't even think they'll win a series, but they have had a really good regular season, and just came back from a 10 point 4th quarter defect to beat them. It's also not outside the realm of possibility that they end up with home court advantage.

Hornets: Sounds homerish, but we fire 3s at a crazy rate and who knows what will happen if we catch fire. Just look at how well we've played them so far this year.

FYI, we are the 6th seed right now..

TONIGHT:
- first home game in awhile tonight vs the fizzling Suns (tomorrow we get Philly, BTW)
- CHI/MIA beat each other up tonight (win/win)
- ATL plays Golden State

things are looking up.. we just gotta not poo the bed

15 minutes ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

FYI, we are the 6th seed right now..

TONIGHT:
- first home game in awhile tonight vs the fizzling Suns (tomorrow we get Philly, BTW)
- CHI/MIA beat each other up tonight (win/win)
- ATL plays Golden State

things are looking up.. we just gotta not poo the bed

This is just the kind of looking ahead that's going to get you in trouble. We may be tied for 6th, but we're also tied for ninth. :(

Archived