• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Log Jam in the Middle of the East

bLACKpANTHER

1] Cleveland - 48-19
2] Toronto - 46-21
-------------------
3] Atlanta - 40-29 - 5-9 games against .500 teams
4] Miami - 39-29 - 5-6 games against .500 teams
5] Boston - 39-29 - 8 games against .500 teams
6] Charlotte - 39-29 - 4-5 games against .500 teams
-------------------
7] Indiana - 36-32
8] Chicago - 34-33

Question: With remaining schedules in mind, Will we finish in the top half and have a home court advantage come playoff time?

Wow, great minds and all BP.  I actually came to post the same thing, with the accompanying screenshot, but you beat me to it!  

I was looking at the standings and thought it was worthy of discussion that we are in a three-way tie for 4th place and are a half game out of 3rd, while maintaining a 3 game lead ahead of Indiana who is currently the 7th seed.

Not bad...  i really believe with our remaining schedule being one of the easiest in the league, we can definitely steal that 3rd seed and possibly win our first playoff series in this incarnation's history (i know, we still have the history of the original Hornets era, but its relevant to diehards like myself who have willfully struggled through the Bobcats era too).

PicsArt_1458306090977.jpg

Here's the upcoming schedule in case anyone's wondering

Z6j9rBF.png

+ a game against Boston and another game against Orlando

There's at least 3 losses there, but a bunch of winnable games.

Assuming we don't fall apart we could be looking at a 50-32 record and we should at least get the 4 seed... seeing as we've got an easier schedule than both Atlanta and Boston.  Miami has it pretty easy from here on out, even easier than us.  Boston is almost assured to fall in the coming weeks unless they get hot... they've got the Raptors twice, the Clippers, the Warriors, then they Atlanta, Miami and us to close out the season.

52 minutes ago, RelaxImaPro said:

Here's the upcoming schedule in case anyone's wondering

Z6j9rBF.png

+ a game against Boston and another game against Orlando

There's at least 3 losses there, but a bunch of winnable games.

Assuming we don't fall apart we could be looking at a 50-32 record and we should at least get the 4 seed... seeing as we've got an easier schedule than both Atlanta and Boston.  Miami has it pretty easy from here on out, even easier than us.  Boston is almost assured to fall in the coming weeks unless they get hot... they've got the Raptors twice, the Clippers, the Warriors, then they Atlanta, Miami and us to close out the season.

Thanks for the schedule.  We're in good shape to be the 3rd/4th.  I think we wind up as the 4th seed but if we keep playing like we have been, there's no reason we shouldn't win a good chunk if not most of these games.  Even if we're like 48-34, we'll be in good shape. 

So very proud of my Hornets

Feels damn good right now..  

But I'm sure its very very exciting to those who have been around since the conception of this bobcats franchise.....  My first cognitive season was MKGs rookie season.. First game and I bought his T-shirt...   Pretty cool.. Its like a Can Newton rebok jersey... That sshit is forever a rookie jersey

I'm drunk NCAA tourney...  But As a Panthers fan, I fell in love with this city..."all eggs in one basket"

I

Archived