• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

USMNT Thread

Not a good look for the USMNT. Have to win Tuesday in order to realistically keep the World Cup alive. If they win Tuesday they should make it through to final round of qualifying next year but geez it's a mess.

ive been a supporter of Klinnsman. I do agree that unless we adopt a European style of play then we can never win the World Cup. However he's not making much progress. Finding a new coach makes sense, but we are way too deep in this cycle to do that now imo. 

One thing we can do is change player personnel. JK continues to rely on these older players that got him through last World Cup and they've just become outdated. Scrap a lot of them and bring up the younger prospects.

gotta win Tuesday 

away game against St. Vincent is an easy 3 points but we can't lose another game.

6 hours ago, AppHeel said:

ive been a supporter of Klinnsman. I do agree that unless we adopt a European style of play then we can never win the World Cup. However he's not making much progress. Finding a new coach makes sense, but we are way too deep in this cycle to do that now imo. 

One thing we can do is change player personnel. JK continues to rely on these older players that got him through last World Cup and they've just become outdated. Scrap a lot of them and bring up the younger prospects.

gotta win Tuesday 

agreed. big JK supporter and I've bemoaned recent player moves from European leagues to the MLS. My biggest problem with JK is that he said he wanted to play an attacking style, but often we play behind the ball for long stretches of time before winning possession and then usually squandering it. Would really like to see younger players get more play in the team because Dempsey, Jones, Howard, etc aren't gonna be around in 2018. 

I've been calling for JK to be fired for over a year now and people used to say I was crazy.  Any other American coach of the past would have given JK the axe after the Gold Cup.  The problem starts with Gulati right now.

And whoever said it's too far into the cycle to fire JK is crazy.  Hell, if we don't do it next week the cycle will be over 2 years early imo.  He is a fuging horrible coach.

Very professional business done by the team last night.  I still would have fired Klinsmann after the game if I was Gulati but it's just not happening right now.  Zardes is a useful reserve player cause he can make things happen but his first touch is so horrid, he derped his way into two assists last night somehow.  But Finlay completely dominated when he came on for him, I would keep this same formation but replace Zardes with Finlay for Centenario.  Pulisic goes to Centenario, you can tell he's gonna be a hell of a player.  He's SO fast, so amped about that kid.  He's now cap tied so he ain't getting anywhere..... Rasta was good and reliable last night just like he has been since 2013 but his old legs got BURNT by the reggae boyz last summer.  Almost every team in Centenario would do the same thing to him, again I really like last night's formation but Beckerman can't start in Centenario if we want to make it out of that group.  So... candidates for his replacement: Cameron, KItchen, Trapp, Williams.  Kitchen and Cameron are my favorite options.  Trapp was bad for U-23's last night.  Kitchen has spent the past few seasons being one of the best Dmids in the MLS and now he's in Europe.  He's earned a higher role on the USMNT.  When we are going super defensive, Cameron is a great option there with Brooks/Besler at CB.  Cameron just needs to be played centrally.  Darlington Nagbe needs an increased role, I'll argue with anyone he's one of our 5 best attacking options right now.  Bobby Wood wasn't very good last night, but sitll think he's a better fit in that formation than Altidore.  Dempsey still has some gas in the tank.

Last but not least, Yedlin PHENOMENAL when he was playing his home position of RIGHT BACK.  He's not a winger, but he has potential to be one of the best RB's we've ever had.  Premier League is helping him tremendously.  

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived