• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Manziel, cocaine, shrooms, and a rental home

cardiackat88.

12 hours ago, Floppin said:

I'm definitely not a Manziel fan but as a qb he's infinitely better than The Golden Calf of Bristol. The Golden Calf of Bristol is probably the worst starting qb from a passing perspective that I've ever seen as a starter in the NFL.

Honestly for both, their style of play is basically to run around all day and throw to anyone who can get open.  Between the two, Timmy was much, much better at it.  Plus he could stay healthy.  Guys like Manziel and RG3 for that matter are pretty much twigs in the league playing against logs.

28 minutes ago, Matthias said:

Honestly for both, their style of play is basically to run around all day and throw to anyone who can get open.  Between the two, Timmy was much, much better at it.  Plus he could stay healthy.  Guys like Manziel and RG3 for that matter are pretty much twigs in the league playing against logs.

It works perfectly well for Russell Wilson who Manziel is slightly bigger than.

41 minutes ago, csx said:

It works perfectly well for Russell Wilson who Manziel is slightly bigger than.

Russell Wilson has more muscle to work with, especially comparable to his size.  His legs alone are like RB legs.  Just look at the two and you can see why Wilson can play in this league.  When you look at Manziel and RG3, these cats look as soft as wet paper bags.

I'm very surprised some of you believe Manziel could have been anything close to average or beyond in this league.  How can you succeed in the NFL when 70+ percent of the plays you run are breakdown plays?  Mark Schlereth said a while ago on NFL Live for an offense, most of your plays are supposed to be plays that are on time.  Meaning if the play is designed to go to a specific receiver who runs his route, 70% of the time that is what happens.  Only 30% or less of the time the play breaks down, and it may even require the QB to scramble, making the offensive linemen block a little longer than what the play was called for.  Yet for Manziel, 80% or more of the time, his plays breakdown, even when it's not called for.  All he does and can do, is run around and throw to the guy that magically comes open.  Pretty much backyard football.  Yet some people actually believed Manziel could have been something?  That's something I would expect for Skip Bayless to believe, not those who have eyes to see the game.

1 minute ago, Matthias said:

Now Josh Gordon is actually the guy who is throwing away his career in the NFL.  Yet at this point, who knows if he cares.

I think if Manziel had actually been willing to work on his craft, he might at least have been able to accomplish something. Don't think he ever would have been starter material but at least able to play at a backup level maybe.

But like a lot of guys who wash out of the pros, Manziel believed he was just that good and he didn't need to work at it. And so, here we are.

Worth noting that a lot of guys who believe they're that good and find out that they aren't end up crashing really hard.

On 4/15/2016 at 11:20 AM, Udogg said:

I'm thinking started with shrooms,  then moved to champagne alcohol because you get thirsty talking about all the pretty colors.  Then cocaine because what else you gonna do on a purple snowflake mountain covered in sprinkles.

Damn lmao 

Archived