• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

1st playoff win as a new franchise PIE!

Sapper

3 hours ago, bleedsgreenandgold said:

Still thinking we get swept?

Winning one game will feel like a sweep still. They need to keep it up. Playing like they did in game 3 would mean we would win the series. Can they do it? We will see I need to see consistency and a series made out of these games.

22 minutes ago, carolina-chuck2 said:

Frank is a much better pick than Zeller. 

What the hell happened to Jeremy Lamb?

I'm kind of wondering that myself.  He must have not meshed well with the current flow, because he wasn't playing us out of games by any means.

11 hours ago, chknwing said:

we won because Clifford finally went away from doing nothing but posting up Al. which he did both games in Miami.  So as he stopped making Al the focus, the rest of the team played.  especially Frank the Tank. Dude was unconscious. Oh and Jeremy Lin fell 27 times and the refs blew donkey dicks.

Not sure that's what I would point to as to why we won yesterday. I didn't really see that as our plan in Miami, especially not in Game 1. I think we did that out of necessity and that was all that was working for us. We weren't hitting our threes and Big Al had success in stretches of Game 1 and clearly in Game 2.

I do think using Big Al is going to be crucial to our success moving forward in this series because it requires Whiteside to work on defense and we've seen him get into foul trouble. Without Big Al, HW can just linger around the rim as Zeller hasn't been hitting his shots and stretching him out this series (Although I do think Zeller has played well).

Now if we keep up the defensive intensity like last night and attack the paint on offense good things will happen. I'm not saying we should make Big Al the focus at all but just that he's been a good matchup against HW all season. We definitely need to utilize him like we have.

13 hours ago, chknwing said:

we won because Clifford finally went away from doing nothing but posting up Al. which he did both games in Miami.  So as he stopped making Al the focus, the rest of the team played.  especially Frank the Tank. Dude was unconscious. Oh and Jeremy Lin fell 27 times and the refs blew donkey dicks.

We didn't lose our first 2 games because of offense/Alfense. We lost because of defense. I agree with you that I liked that Clifford switched things up and started posting Frank. One great thing that I saw Cliff do was take out Al in the 4th for Cody and played a more defensive lineup when we were up big. 

12 hours ago, OldNorthPowell said:

Winning one game will feel like a sweep still. They need to keep it up. Playing like they did in game 3 would mean we would win the series. Can they do it? We will see I need to see consistency and a series made out of these games.

I know, just giving you a hard time. Going forward the game schedule is going to favor a younger Charlotte team. Playing Monday, Wednesday, and Friday bode well for us.

18 hours ago, Mother Grabber said:

do we still hate the Frank Kaminsky pick?

I don't hate Frank Kaminsky the person, he's a Hornet. There's no going back and re-doing things I'm rooting for him to have all the success in the world. 

I don't need the pie, i just came to bask in the glory.  Been a bit busy and the Norman debacle put me off from the huddle for a couple of days, but as always, I watched the game in its entirety and I couldn't be more proud!

Frank made some huge strides, and even showed up his likely career nemesis in Winslow several times.  Awesome to watch.  This was what I expected after the first two games.  We needed the home cooking.  Now, if we can won tonight and carry the momentum back with us to Bandwagonville, errr, I mean Miami and steal 1 or 2, and we will have our first series win in ages!  

I really think the first two games were jitters compounded by being away games.  Hopefully we got those out of the way.  Let's ride this wave through the rest of this series and beyond!

Archived