• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"We just need players"

the butch

When your GM and your Head Coach are so copacetic they both make the same face:

Screen Shot 2016-04-28 at 8.37.00 PM.png

This is a screen grab from Getts' presser following Josh's tag removal.  David Newton asked, "What do you need now to improve?"  Both Coach and Getts answered practically in unison, "Players."  My point is this:  it doesn't matter how many linebackers you have, how many DTs you have, or whatever . . . you ALWAYS need players to push those other players to compete . . . "that's what they do when they see competition--the compete."  To me, this reinforces the BPA philosophy.  But more so, not only are these two on the same page, they're on the same line and word.  

I'll leave with this:  the organization is in GREAT hands.  So, if you're new 'round hurr, don't flip.  Trust in Nippleshorts.

Peace be with you tonight, Huddle.

Let's talk about the importance of the OP's initial statement though.

This isn't an organization. There are plenty are plenty of organizations in this league. There are very few teams. That's what we are. A team involves everybody and everybody is on the same page. An organization is just a collection of people who happen to be working in the same place.

The fact that our GM and coach seem so in sync with each other is great. We know JR gets along with everybody well. We know our locker room is tight and our guys trust and respect our coaches. 

We're competitors in this league for as long as we keep on the same path we are as a team. If we become just another NFL organization, we'll fall from this success we're having pretty hard. So I'm glad that we are what we are.

Also, I am all for Huddle's Famous Nippleshorts Pale Ale.

Archived