• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No way the 22nd for Belinelli is just the 22nd for Belinelli...NO WAY

Wundrbread33

8 hours ago, OldNorthPowell said:

I did my research and I do show emotion which there is nothing wrong with. Have I bashed the Panthers' moves? Nope. Hard to disagree with a team that is being successful. Do I bash Hornets' moves? Yeah, because they have not made it out of the first round of the playoffs in over a decade. My anger is more than justified and I have posted two emotional posts on here so far since I have been a member. The one about the sweep which anyone watching those first two games would have openly or secretly been wondering the same thing. Then the post about this dumb trade in which we give up a young building block for a guy on the downside of his career. Could I be wrong? Sure. Could you be wrong? Sure. Seeing as you are not God. Difference is I did not go after you for your opinion. You need to grow up and stop worrying about mushroom stamps man. Done talking to you or about you.

I didn't "go after" you, I was trying to get you to do some research, which you did not do, otherwise you would've realized Marco Belinelli has been a 38% shooter for most of his career, if not even better than that, and I told you in an earlier post several reasons that contributed to his struggles last season

You seem upset

I have no problem with Belinelli on our roster. I've said before that I believe he has substantially more value short term than Richarson or whomever we would have picked at 22. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a nice year playing in our system.

I'm just surprised that he was the best available player that we could have gotten by trading that pick in a straight up deal. Either we love Belinelli above all or this draft was so bad we just had to settle for a straight up trade of the pick for Belinelli just to get rid of the pick. I have enough faith in Cho's trade ability/history to back him on this, but it's just interesting.

Belinelli was aquired because we knew Lee was going to cost too much and we wouldn't be able to keep here - which really sucks cus we gave up PJ for him at the deadline last year.. in essence - thats 2 first rnd draft picks and we end up with Bells.. smdh

13 minutes ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

Belinelli was aquired because we knew Lee was going to cost too much and we wouldn't be able to keep here - which really sucks cus we gave up PJ for him at the deadline last year.. in essence - thats 2 first rnd draft picks and we end up with Bells.. smdh

Yea but with the cap coming down next year we might land someone

4 minutes ago, cbarrier90 said:

It appears (from a contract and trade standpoint) we are all in on the free agent class next offseason.

I don't hate that idea but man, if those plans fall through, you're looking at another possible rebuild with so few assets.

Disagree, with Batum, Kemba, and MKG locked up for a long time.  I think we'll be competitive.  And we'll eventually get one max deal here.  

9 minutes ago, nctarheel0619 said:

Disagree, with Batum, Kemba, and MKG locked up for a long time.  I think we'll be competitive.  And we'll eventually get one max deal here.  

I've said all along the reason I think they are trying to put a decent product out on the floor is to entice a max free agent (you'll never guess who that guy might be) but that's an awfully lofty goal for a franchise that is still more synonymous with Adam Morrison and statistically the worst team of all time than their more recent exploits.

I think getting a visit from a big name free agent  (as we just saw with Wade and Denver) is a win for the perception of the franchise, but what happens if he doesn't sign? Then you're stuck on the treadmill you tore the team down five years ago to avoid in the first place.

It seems a lot forgot that we acquired Batum and Lamb after arguably their worst seasons.  I get that people are frustrated we're not shooting higher/for a better FA, but this isn't a bad situation.  Sure, we were good in 95 through 98, but were we in that much better of a place than today?

I do however think the FO is underestimating the potential pull that the city and Hornets name can reel in.   Fans are annually expecting us to break the threshold in a league that has exhibited ZERO parody in its entire existence.  I honestly didn't want any of the high end UFAs this year, but if you don't do that, then draft for a potential star..not a Frank/Cody/etc. That's the strategy I'm just not getting.  It's how GS became one of the prime spots instead of the Knicks, Lakers, & Bulls (currently) 

Archived