• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

List of Potential Targets in 2017

bLACKpANTHER

NBA_Free_Agents_2017.png

"Pie in the Sky"
Curry, Westbrook, Blake, CP3

Will have to overpay to get him here
Gobert, Millsap, Ibaka, Adams, Monroe

We Want a BIG Name but will settle for you...
Noel, Plumlee, Gibson

Prediction:
Sadly, I think we will miss out on the big names again and be forced to overpay for Ibaka.. Cho will want to get 'HIS' guy back.. Biz was suppossed to be our Ibaka but we let him go right before he really started to bloom.. now we will circle back and get Ibaka on a veteran "pay me for what I have already done But not what I'm going to do in the future" kinda deal.. there are a lot of restricted FAs next year so I doubt we will really target them out the gates in fear the original team can always match..

From the looks of our roster - we have locked up PG Kemba, SG Batum, SF MKG and PF Marvin long term.. we are potentially targeting a starting C.. and with Zeller, Hibbert and Sessions (team option) come off the books next year = that's $17.6 mil we will have before the cap jumps again.. 

I wouldn't hate getting Westbrook, he basically does everything Kemba does just better(except maybe shooting 3s) and he is way more athletic. Curry is the dream but not sure we have any real shot, I mean does he really want to go to the east to fight with LeBron even more? 

In terms of other players I wouldn't hate Gobert at all. He is basically Biz but bigger. We'd have to offer him the max to have a shot but it would probably be worth it, also the French connection with Batum should help in recruiting.

1 minute ago, Manos said:

I wouldn't hate getting Westbrook, he basically does everything Kemba does just better(except maybe shooting 3s) and he is way more athletic. Curry is the dream but not sure we have any real shot, I mean does he really want to go to the east to fight with LeBron even more? 

In terms of other players I wouldn't hate Gobert at all. He is basically Biz but bigger. We'd have to offer him the max to have a shot but it would probably be worth it, also the French connection with Batum should help in recruiting.

0% chance anyone gets Gobert, the Jazz will max him out

1 minute ago, Omega Atrocity said:

0% chance anyone gets Gobert, the Jazz will max him out

Maybe we could pull a sign and trade? If he for whatever reason doesn't want to stay there he could make life difficult enough they are forced to move him. I get its a longshot but most people would have said Durant going to the Warriors before last season started was impossible and look what happened there.

Just now, Manos said:

Maybe we could pull a sign and trade? If he for whatever reason doesn't want to stay there he could make life difficult enough they are forced to move him. I get its a longshot but most people would have said Durant going to the Warriors before last season started was impossible and look what happened there.

The difference is it doesn't matter if Gobert wants to be there or not, he has no control over whether they match or not. I, for one, would certainly not be willing to give them what it would take to get Gobert (I doubt they would do it regardless of our offer honestly, we don't have many assets).

10 minutes ago, Manos said:

Yeah, but the only person Curry would have to worry about in the East is LeBron.  Curry has to worry about the Clippers, San Antonio and Pop, and the Timberwolves in a year or two, if that.  

Cho's wet dream can finally come to fruition if he lands Westbrook. But the reality is that none of the Top Tiers will come here if the Hornets' season ends w/o making the playoffs, let alone advancement.

Seeing as how the East has improved, not even a guarantee we sneak in. 

30 minutes ago, rico6 said:

Cho's wet dream can finally come to fruition if he lands Westbrook. But the reality is that none of the Top Tiers will come here if the Hornets' season ends w/o making the playoffs, let alone advancement.

Seeing as how the East has improved, not even a guarantee we sneak in. 

East hasn't improved that much.. Miami will stink, Chicago is putting a lot of hope into Wades old knees, Washington will still be borderline, Toronto lost Biz, Atlanta lost Horford and Teague..

Basically only Boston, Indiana and NY Knicks improved.. we should be in the 3-6 range again this year..

4 hours ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

East hasn't improved that much.. Miami will stink, Chicago is putting a lot of hope into Wades old knees, Washington will still be borderline, Toronto lost Biz, Atlanta lost Horford and Teague..

Basically only Boston, Indiana and NY Knicks improved.. we should be in the 3-6 range again this year..

Milwaukee is ever improving, Orlando has improved, Detroit will improve. I'm hopeful .

Archived