• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Julius Peppers you have been notified

N1kkadeemuz

how is that more important than actual performance?

we should have traded this guy. I was saying it all offseason but the huddle seemed convinced we were a better team with him on the squad. We may be better, but we're not $17 million better...

It's basically a testament to how the Panthers are to blame, not Pep...

They paid him, and yet refuse to adjust and allow players to play to their strengths...

I don't blame Pep for wanting out.. Put him on a 3-4, or even a 4-3 that actually makes adjustments and isn't vanilla, and he'd get all these sacks you're obsessed over...

I'd pay him $20 Mil to keep him here..

If you want to be mad about money, be mad about Jake Delhomme...

So the nut huggers tell the haters that sacks aren't everything. And now you're using sacks to tell me how great he is? Not buyin it homey! Peppers isn't consistent. He might get 10 sacks per year, but he gets 3 sacks against Oakland and 2 sacks against Kansas City, etc. I don't care if he gets 30 sacks a year. The dude doesn't bring it every play of every game. O-V-E-R-R-A-T-E-D

Sacks are not everything, but you can't overlook an average of 10 per season. If it's so easy to get sacks against KC and Oakland then why doesn't one of the OLB's on the Chargers or DE's on the Broncos lead the league in sacks every year?

I'd love to hear who you would suggest we replace him with? I guess Brayton, Brown and Johnson are really lazy because none of them come close to JP in sacks...

I get it, you hate Peppers - he's the highest paid player on the team so that's where's you're going to direct your hatred...

I'm sorry, I can't take your opinion seriously with that Cowher avatar, you really think Cowher is our savior? How long did Cowher toil in Pittsburgh before winning that championship? How long did it take Pittsburgh to find a replacement and win another championship?

Bill Cowher coached the Steelers for 15 seasons. 1992-2006. He had 11 winning seasons, 3 losing seasons, and one 8-8 (his final year). He also won 8 division titles! I'm not even talking about Championships. I'm talking about have two winning years in a row (something Fox and company can't do). Sorry, if you want to settle for mediocrity every year with Fox, that's your business. I feel we deserve better!

Sacks are not everything, but you can't overlook an average of 10 per season. If it's so easy to get sacks against KC and Oakland then why doesn't one of the OLB's on the Chargers or DE's on the Broncos lead the league in sacks every year?

I'd love to hear who you would suggest we replace him with? I guess Brayton, Brown and Johnson are really lazy because none of them come close to JP in sacks...

I get it, you hate Peppers - he's the highest paid player on the team so that's where's you're going to direct your hatred...

I could have suited up and played as well as Peppers yesterday. ANY DE on the team could have done what Peppers did. So what's the difference. When you get his cock out of your mouth come talk to me. I'm done with this.

It's basically a testament to how the Panthers are to blame, not Pep...

They paid him, and yet refuse to adjust and allow players to play to their strengths...

I don't blame Pep for wanting out.. Put him on a 3-4, or even a 4-3 that actually makes adjustments and isn't vanilla, and he'd get all these sacks you're obsessed over...

I'd pay him $20 Mil to keep him here..

If you want to be mad about money, be mad about Jake Delhomme...

sacks? why would I give a poo about sacks? Sacks are the only reason people think Peppers is a dominant player. They look at his sack stats over the years, and they think he's one of the greatest defensive ends in NFL history. What panther fans see come gametime is a player with no heart, no effort, no consistency, downright doesn't give a poo, and also has the best disappearing act in the NFL. Why do you think nobody would offer us poo for Peppers? Because we didn't want to trade him? yeah, right.

sorry bro, if you get a hard-on every time you see peppers play to the point you'd throw $20 million at him for doing nothing, that's your business, but don't try to convince us he's worth his paycheck when he's getting a couple of tackles per game, and that it's all the coaches' fault. The coaches make him lazy and worthless...right. He's overrated and overpaid, and we messed up by keeping him here, get over it. If we had $17 million more dollars we could have spent it on a defense...but peppers is sooo totally worth it...

sorry bro, if you get a hard-on every time you see peppers play to the point you'd throw $20 million at him for doing nothing, that's your business, but don't try to convince us he's worth his paycheck when he's getting a couple of tackles per game, and that it's all the coaches' fault. The coaches make him lazy and worthless...right. He's overrated and overpaid, and we messed up by keeping him here, get over it. If we had $17 million more dollars we could have spent it on a defense...but peppers is sooo totally worth it...

$17 million more is in your pocket...

Now, tell me who was out there that you go and spend it on without a trade...

Yes, because the first rule of business is that you tell all the local reporters what goes on behind the scenes...

At least with GM speak I would have figured that they would have said "We did have offers, but none were satisfactory" or something of that nature....but Gantt's article flat out said he was told they didn't get an offer.

Not that anyone here would believe it, but I heard the same rumblings before the report came out...

What he said. People are ready for any chance they get to pounce on Pep if he doesn't make a sack. John Abraham got the same production as Pep yesterday, 2 tackles despite having a monster day Week 1 just like Pep also. Man I guess Abraham sucks now.

Big difference between Pep and Abraham in Week 1 --------- The falcons WON.

Pep piled up stats in a blowout loss. How about piling up some stats in a win!! Now I know that will happen, Pep will eventually (hopefully) have his game or two where he looks dominant but the bottom line for me is the D-Line sucks with him so it cant be any worse without him. This franchise needs to learn how to move on. Look what happened when they moved on from Foster at RB - they ended up with D.Will and Stewart.

Archived