• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL is a joke

R0CKnR0LLA

I've always suspected it at different times, but I couldn't prove it.  With the last two games we've played, I think there is plenty of evidence now to prove it is an absolute fact.  These aren't mistakes.  These aren't errors.  These aren't one-offs or an aberration.   These games are called in a specific way for a specific reason.

When people want to point out the Harris hands to the face kept us in the game...  Just like in basketball, when refs give one team 25 FTs in a first half, then give the other team 10 in the final 10 minutes of the game after it's already out of hand, it's a ploy to make the game look more evenly officiated on paper than it actually was.  There are certain calls you make, there are certain precedents you set, that dramatically alter the style of play into one team's favor or another.

Personally, after being backhanded with the blatant disrespect and insults to our intelligence as fans for two games in a row, including being robbed of the Superbowl, I feel more jaded and disenchanted with the NFL than I ever have before.  I will always love and support our team, but I this poo has taken a lot of wind out of my sails for the overall interest in the game as whole.

1 minute ago, Zaximus said:

Keeping the first game of the season, the superbowl rematch, on prime time, close, definitely matters to the advertisers who get money back if the game loses viewers.  You know, advertising, the biggest revenue for the NFL (and shared amongst them).   The NFL also just really doesn't want Cam to be the face of their league.  

Fine. What calls did they make against Denver to keep it close? Were there a ton too? I'll wait.

3 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

I've always suspected it at different times, but I couldn't prove it.  With the last two games we've played, I think there is plenty of evidence now to prove it is an absolute fact.  These aren't mistakes.  These aren't errors.  These aren't one-offs or an aberration.   These games are called in a specific way for a specific reason.

When people want to point out the Harris hands to the face kept us in the game...  Just like in basketball, when refs give one team 25 FTs in a first half, then give the other team 10 in the final 10 minutes of the game after it's already out of hand, it's a ploy to make the game look more evenly officiated on paper than it actually was.  There are certain calls you make, there are certain precedents you set, that dramatically alter the style of play into one team's favor or another.

Personally, after being backhanded with the blatant disrespect and insults to our intelligence as fans for two games in a row, including being robbed of the Superbowl, I feel more jaded and disenchanted with the NFL than I ever have before.  I will always love and support our team, but I this poo has taken a lot of wind out of my sails for the overall interest in the game as whole.

Remember Super Bowl XL? The Refs literally made sure the Steelers won.

I made a comment in the game day thread that after we had a double digit lead that the Broncs would have every single call go their way.... and guess what.... such a shock!... they did!!!! Then I also posted after the Broncs had the lead that the NFL wanted a nailbiter (better for ratings and thus more $$$$) we'd get the benefit of the calls for the rest of the game..... and oh my god, what a TOTAL coincidence yet again.... we did!!!! 

Just now, R0CKnR0LLA said:

who says i'm not

bitch

haha.  Well you certainly seem invested.

You mentioned the same thing about 85 times in the gameday thread.

If it bothers you so much then why not stop watching, you seem to be so worked up.

7 minutes ago, Still Brooklyn said:

Fine. What calls did they make against Denver to keep it close? Were there a ton too? I'll wait.

Ok, I would say letting an opposing team go head hunting in the second half to even up the score helps.   Obviously Cam was rattled.  How about the ball spot that forced us to use a TO to review a clear cut play?   I seen Colemon literally held by his whole arm in front of the ref on a run, no call.  I seen Luke get tackled on another in front of a ref, no call.

And there is a giant list of like 20 things from the Super Bowl, go google or search for the thread on here.

lol that's always the problem with this, no matter how bad the NFL screws a team over, there's always the people that are gonna be like "well if they would have just played perfect and not made a single mistake all game they woulda won right? right?"

this is the type of deduction from mental midgets that take 30 minutes to find their keys and wallet before they leave the house every morning

Archived