• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL is a joke

R0CKnR0LLA

Let's just name it the WWE already.

NFL is so OBVIOUSLY rigged it's not even funny. If you haven't figured that out by now then honestly you are a fugging retard. I don't know what else to tell you, if you haven't figured it out with the mountain of evidence continuing to compile then you never will.

If you mouth breathing retards are still like "but uhhh why would they risk going to prison just to fix games" the US court system has already ruled that the NFL can legally fix games, all they are legally obligated to do is provide entertainment. They do whatever they want to ensure that they make the most $$$$$$, integrity be damned.

And for the record, I would be saying the same thing even if we hit the FG and won the game. poo is ridiculous.

I think the NFL is the greatest business in the world.  They can freely manipulate anything, legally, and their fanbase will continously deny anything is happening.  The NFL is like life to people, and I enjoy it as well, but it's almost sad how much stock we put in other grown men playing a sport for our enjoyment.   It's basically the 401 Nigerian Prince scam level of evidence but we fall for it, every year.  Minus death it's basically a gladiator sport that so many of us cannot just let go, even though we know it's not completely fair out there.   They continously muddle the rules to where they can do whatever in the games, and they keep missing calls, yet they keep their jobs, and the fans think that's just normal and OK.   People will just ignore the fact that like 85% of all money is profit shared anyway so no one really loses that owns these teams (as to why thy don't fight the system).   

Just now, DFive said:

Look no further than Vegas odds. Thanks to the very close game, Vegas won. If the Panthers would've won, Vegas would've bust, and we can't have that. 

I live in Vegas, funny thing is last Super Bowl, about 6 hours before the game I got a text from some random number I've NEVER got a text from before (or since) pointing out that 85% of money was betting on the Panthers, and that I should get in on it too.

Why would some random number/company be trying to get me to bet on the Panthers? Usually Vegas wants equal bets on both side so that they win on the vig no matter who wins, but even with 85% bets on one side somebody was trying to get me to bet that same way. And then what proceeded was the most obvious biased bunch of refereeing I can remember. Vegas sure won a fug ton that's for sure.

You may as well stop watching sports, Rock. Take off your tin foil hat and enjoy life maybe? It's just a game.

Vegas is the the only smaller-than-an-atom thread of logic you may have about any rigging. But that was the next poster who brought that up, not you. Entertainment value? Uh ... huh? Ok, provide us with all the calls they made against Denver to keep the game close. No? They just picked on us to make it close?

In no other world would it make sense for the NFL to want a Manningless Colorado team to win this one either. There's no point in it.

But every game to come, you knuckleheads will whine that the refs are purposely throwing flags against us because we're "us". Grow a set, stop it with the Carolina Inferiority Complex, and realize that while the refs did indeed miss calls tonight, it was not on purpose. 

6 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

They can freely manipulate anything, legally, and their fanbase will continously deny anything is happening.

I think this is the biggest problem. Anytime a team gets screwed over there's 1/32 of the fanbase that's pissed and 31/32 of the fanbase that's either happy or doesn't care. When a team complains about a fix they get brushed off as a bunch of whiners that are just mad because they lost, any evidence is laughed off and ignored.

3 minutes ago, Still Brooklyn said:

You may as well stop watching sports, Rock. Take off your tin foil hat and enjoy life maybe? It's just a game.

Vegas is the the only smaller-than-an-atom thread of logic you may have about any rigging. But that was the next poster who brought that up, not you. Entertainment value? Uh ... huh? Ok, provide us with all the calls they made against Denver to keep the game close. No? They just picked on us to make it close?

In no other world would it make sense for the NFL to want a Manningless Colorado team to win this one either. There's no point in it.

But every game to come, you knuckleheads will whine that the refs are purposely throwing flags against us because we're "us". Grow a set, stop it with the Carolina Inferiority Complex, and realize that while the refs did indeed miss calls tonight, it was not on purpose. 

Keeping the first game of the season, the superbowl rematch, on prime time, close, definitely matters to the advertisers who get money back if the game loses viewers.  You know, advertising, the biggest revenue for the NFL (and shared amongst them).   The NFL also just really doesn't want Cam to be the face of their league.  

2 minutes ago, R0CKnR0LLA said:

I think this is the biggest problem. Anytime a team gets screwed over there's 1/32 of the fanbase that's pissed and 31/32 of the fanbase that's either happy or doesn't care. When a team complains about a fix they get brushed off as a bunch of whiners that are just mad because they lost, any evidence is laughed off and ignored.

Greatest business ever, basically.  

Archived