• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers pulling puppet strings on Cam when it comes to political issues??

bLACKpANTHER

32 minutes ago, truthjuice said:

Trust me, Cam and his people did not pick this man. Trust me. You don't even have to have inside information to know that. White people Dont like to hear it. But that's fine. Believe who you want. Somebody IS controlling the situation and it's not Cameron Newton. 

Bahahahahahahahaaha

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

And I should believe you over Igo because...

Look at his name...Nothing more honest than Truth Juice!  Sodium Thiopental! (I had to look it up!)

I can't believe this is still an issue.  How often have NFL stars, or any star athletes been effectively muzzled?

http://www.redstate.com/kiradavis/2016/09/20/unarmed-black-man-shot-cops-tulsa-dont-look-away/

Everyone is tired. I get it.

However, its important not let fatigue push you away from a situation that needs to be addressed. During the now infamous Michael Brown "Hands Up, Don't Shoot" situation part of this country literally burned over a narrative that has since been proven untrue. Brown didn't have his hands up, he wasn't walking away, but the narrative grabbed hearts and minds and here we are.

Its important to note that the story grew legs because the underlying emotion was already present and bubbling to the surface. Black Americans are feeling disenfranchised, removed from authority in their own lives and pushed to the edges of mainstream society. We can sit and pontificate about all the reasons why but its important to understand that no matter the reason, this is the present.

It just...is.

When we dismiss the anger of people who feel ignored we are dismissing their humanity. So what if you don't agree with their reasoning? It doesn't mean that what they're feeling isn't real.

Now we have this horrific video of Terence Crutcher being gunned down with his hands up. Now is when we should be uniting behind "Hands up, Don't shoot" because here we are seeing the underlying impetus for that original message right in front of us.

As we sort out what happened in Tulsa I beg all of you to extend some grace to each other. Don't make assumptions, don't make blanket judgments. Think about how you would feel if the officer who shot Crutcher was your mother or wife or sister. Think about how you would feel if the man who was shot was your father or husband or brother.

Do not turn away from this just because you're sick and tired.

Think about how other people are viewing this and what it means to them. You don't have to agree with their conclusions or sentiments, but you can't lose by just listening. That goes for allof us. Everyone. I don't care where your opinions lie on this. We all need to take responsibility for what is happening in this nation with race relations. We all have to have the courage to hear and say hard things.

All of us. Every. Last. Person.

8 minutes ago, truthjuice said:

No, I don't think a white man can help a black man deal with race talk, especially a republican GOP advisor. Why? 9 times out of 10, they do not have any common ground. His POV shouldn't have been the issue. If they were going to bring someone in, it should've been to simply help him answer without answering. He should've been "allowed" to keep his same views but being shown how to neutrally express them. That's all. Trust me, I love all people and I pray daily for peace and unity so I understand his message. But it very bothersome when have a whole race of people seeing what's happening and another pretending like its not.

Also, I agree with you on being surrounded by yes men. That is never good and he's not surrounded by a bunch of yes men. He's pretty grounded given his age and his success. There's people around him who aren't afraid to and will check him. 

:-)

so, basically you want cam to have a guy with the same stereotypical POV as you "calling the shots" as if a PR guy is really going to control what he thinks/says anyway.  maybe that's not what he wants.  

this is what gets me.  i would think this silencing, can't think for himself stance would be something a radical white would take.  it's a far cry from the guy that was being described as "unapologetically black" in headlines leading up to the SB just 7 months ago.  

20 minutes ago, greghardy'sAK-47 said:

so, basically you want cam to have a guy with the same stereotypical POV as you "calling the shots" as if a PR guy is really going to control what he thinks/says anyway.  maybe that's not what he wants.  

this is what gets me.  i would think this silencing, can't think for himself stance would be something a radical white would take.  it's a far cry from the guy that was being described as "unapologetically black" in headlines leading up to the SB just 7 months ago.  

Well that's the thing, when he was described as being unapologetically black (which I still think he is), there were TONS of racist tweets from white people throwing all kinds of slurs to him. I don't think it was done in necessarily bad intentions but they failed miserably.

my opinion on this will not change so let's just agree to disagree. I've given this too much time and attention. What Cam said in January is what Cam meant. What Cam said in August/September is what someone else meant. That's my final. You don't have to respond. Thanks. 

After Cam's comment today - "saluting Kaep and understanding where he is coming from" and "holding police and everyone accountable" - what is your opinion? because Cam just backed up everything we have been saying..

it's embarrassing to talk about, but we are talking about the problem that a lot of you don't even see as a problem and want to run and hide from..

5 hours ago, truthjuice said:

Because a lot of white are racially insensitive. It's very evident in this thread. Black folks are tired of being tired, that's what you're witnessing. 

I do know people close to Cam. I mentioned this during baby gate. This is not the work of the people around him. I'm betting my bank account on that. Cam and his "handlers" didnt have a say in Frank Lutz, I'm positive of that. If they wanted to neutralize the talks and Cam's team was on board, the person would've been more relatable to Cam. Im also willing to bet that the reason he went along with it is because it came from the big man. If this was the work of Cam's team and he didn't like it, he would've axed it. Keep looking through rose colored lenses. It was all good until the white media couldn't handle it and Jerry had to do something. Your opinion is yours, mine is mine. Fact is fact. None of this was the work of Cameron's people. 

You are full of it. There's racism in almost of your posts. Cam went to and loves Auburn. Probably 80-90% of the population on Auburn's campus would identify as conservative. To say that there's no way that Cam would bring in a "white Republican" is ignorant, ridiculous, and most of all, RACIST.

30 minutes ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

After Cam's comment today - "saluting Kaep and understanding where he is coming from" and "holding police and everyone accountable" - what is your opinion? because Cam just backed up everything we have been saying..

it's embarrassing to talk about, but we are talking about the problem that a lot of you don't even see as a problem and want to run and hide from..

He also said that he wants to bring unity. Something that your side seems to know nothing about. He never said that he agreed with Kaepernick. He also said that he'd like to see accountability from both sides. But just gloss right over that part.

“I don’t want this to be about race, because it’s not. It’s not. Like, we’re beyond that. As a nation.”  

45 minutes ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

played out, bro.  that's a strawman stance to be making the claim that whites refuse to see the problem.  that wasn't ever the issue on this topic...at least not for 99% on here.  

and i didn't see where cam was being held back by some republican PR guy that was hired by the panthers to keep him in check like has been claimed on here for 10+ pages.  what do you have to say about that?  cam's comments today in no way validate anything that has gone on here in this thread or others.  in fact, they invalidate the people acting as if cam couldn't ever think for himself or wasn't being allowed to.   

also, what say you about the catch 22 conundrum cam admits to being in with fans/media and the ron rivera comments about this not being the players' job to be activists and about how the media is out to push a story?  these are things that myself, along with many others, have been trying to explain to the thickskulled BLM types on the huddle for a while now, but you guys just don't seem to want to acknowledge the validity of an opinion that is different from your own.  

31 minutes ago, greghardy'sAK-47 said:

played out, bro.  that's a strawman stance to be making the claim that whites refuse to see the problem.  that wasn't ever the issue on this topic...at least not for 99% on here.  

and i didn't see where cam was being held back by some republican PR guy that was hired by the panthers to keep him in check like has been claimed on here for 10+ pages.  what do you have to say about that?  cam's comments today in no way validate anything that has gone on here in this thread or others.  in fact, they invalidate the people acting as if cam couldn't ever think for himself or wasn't being allowed to.   

also, what say you about the catch 22 conundrum cam admits to being in with fans/media and the ron rivera comments about this not being the players' job to be activists and about how the media is out to push a story?  these are things that myself, along with many others, have been trying to explain to the thickskulled BLM types on the huddle for a while now, but you guys just don't seem to want to acknowledge the validity of an opinion that is different from your own.  

Excuse me if I'm jumping between topics with different posters.. I might have directed an answer towards you I was discussing with someone else.

Now, some people not seeing the issue (turning a blind eye or refusing to address the past because it makes them uncomfortable) is the overall basis for the discussion.. it is the root of the problem.. Are we going to treat the disease or just the symptoms??

Listen, plain and simple I will ask 3 questions and if we can't agree on these then there is really no other place we can take this conversation anywhere:

1- Do you think people of color (but specifically Blacks) are treated the same as Whites in America?
2 - Do you think people of color (but specifically Blacks) are treated the same as Whites in America by the Police?
3 - If you said NO to the above questions, Can we have a discussion on how to fix the problem(s)?

The report was about Frank Luntz being hired as a speech therapist for Cam.. that just seems like a bad look to have anyone with such a strong political affiliation to aide Cam's talking points.. whether Repub or Democrat.. doesn't matter to me..

56 minutes ago, whatever said:

He also said that he wants to bring unity. Something that your side seems to know nothing about. He never said that he agreed with Kaepernick. He also said that he'd like to see accountability from both sides. But just gloss right over that part.

“I don’t want this to be about race, because it’s not. It’s not. Like, we’re beyond that. As a nation.”  

Why would you say "My side" doesn't want unity.. That is all we I want.. We want to be unified - We Want to be equal.. but we have to address some things to get there.. you can't just move past it like it never happened..

Now c'mon dude - Cam said "I salute Kaep" and "I am not happy with the injustice...and the state of oppression in our community but we as black people have to do right for ourselves.." I agree the accountability needs to be at both ends.. but one side is getting put into prison when they kill someone (which I agree with - you should go to prison when you kill someone) but the other side gets paid leave time.. this is not equality and you know it.. guys are getting killed with their hands up in the street and cops are NOT held accountable.. we just want accountability..

I don't understand how you can hear Cam's words and feel like he is backing up everything you believe while I feel the same way.. something is wrong here, dude.. and I'm pretty sure it ain't me

6 minutes ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

Excuse me if I'm jumping between topics with different posters.. I might have directed an answer towards you I was discussing with someone else.

Now, some people not seeing the issue (turning a blind eye or refusing to address the past because it makes them uncomfortable) is the overall basis for the discussion.. it is the root of the problem.. Are we going to treat the disease or just the symptoms??

Listen, plain and simple I will ask 3 questions and if we can't agree on these then there is really no other place we can take this conversation anywhere:

1- Do you think people of color (but specifically Blacks) are treated the same as Whites in America?
2 - Do you think people of color (but specifically Blacks) are treated the same as Whites in America by the Police?
3 - If you said NO to the above questions, Can we have a discussion on how to fix the problem(s)?

The report was about Frank Luntz being hired as a speech therapist for Cam.. that just seems like a bad look to have anyone with such a strong political affiliation to aide Cam's talking points.. whether Repub or Democrat.. doesn't matter to me..

Why would you say "My side" doesn't want unity.. That is all we I want.. We want to be unified - We Want to be equal.. but we have to address some things to get there.. you can't just move past it like it never happened..

Now c'mon dude - Cam said "I salute Kaep" and "I am not happy with the injustice...and the state of oppression in our community but we as black people have to do right for ourselves.." I agree the accountability needs to be at both ends.. but one side is getting put into prison when they kill someone (which I agree with - you should go to prison when you kill someone) but the other side gets paid leave time.. this is not equality and you know it.. guys are getting killed with their hands up in the street and cops are NOT held accountable.. we just want accountability..

I don't understand how you can hear Cam's words and feel like he is backing up everything you believe while I feel the same way.. something is wrong here, dude.. and I'm pretty sure it ain't me

well, i guess in hindsight you are now admitting your stereotypes about the guy were incorrect.  at least that's what it appears you are doing in a round about kind of way.  maybe you won't hold such misguided opinion the next time.  

and the only places i could really find taking issue with this from the start were some black media outlets that peddle BLM propaganda.  you gotta find better sources of info. 

I'm glad that you think that Cam's 100% on your side of the issue. He doesn't deserve to be labeled as an uncle Tom or a sellout for simply having an opinion that doesn't tow the company line.

The cops get paid leave because it's due process in these situations. The paid leave stops if and when formal charges are filed against the officer.

Too much irony in the "we just want accountability" statement. If you think that I'm okay with cops killing citizens without justification, you couldn't be more mistaken. The problem is, the vast majority of blacks that have been killed by cops in the last couple of years, weren't complying with the police. Michael Brown wasn't a saint. He was a thug that tried to take a weapon from an officer.

Archived