• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers/Vikes game could be moved.

nctarheel0619

2 minutes ago, Vikesfan said:

"The mere possession of a handgun does not give the police probable cause or reasonable suspicion to briefly detain you for stop and frisk,”

Gregory Wallace, a law professor at Campbell University in Raleigh, N.C. -

So if he was being detained because he is in an open carry state and was doing so in accordance to the law (not known yet). He doesn't have to do poo!. You can't go around stopping and detaining law abiding citizens because you feel like it. 

Now if he was practicing his opencarrying incorrectly, then that is another story.  

That point was just made in the Charlotte Observer.  I was about to link it.

As to the moving of the game, it would have to be really bad for that to happen.  I hope it doesn't get that bad!  

People absolutely need to protest.  But it needs to be peaceful.  We have rights (even NC gun rights) that must be respected.

Just now, Harry The Hitman said:

I believe they were trying to issue a warrant.  They might of had the wrong person, but in that case the person should have complied with police to drop his gun and prove that he wasnt the person they were looking for.

We don't know that any of that happened.
The statement I have seen is that he got out the car and their perceived a threat. Which is the problem a lot of people have with this. They never say he pointed the gun at them.

Tell me if you have head different. 

"Officers say they saw Scott get out of the car with a gun and then get back in, Trietley said. When officers approached, the man exited the car with the gun again. At that point, officers deemed the man a threat and at least one fired a weapon"

3 minutes ago, Harry The Hitman said:

I believe they were trying to issue a warrant.  They might of had the wrong person, but in that case the person should have complied with police to drop his gun and prove that he wasnt the person they were looking for.

Complied with someone violating your constitutional rights. We don't know that he didn't comply. That's their story and Cops lie. Not all but they do. 

3 minutes ago, d-dave said:

That point was just made in the Charlotte Observer.  I was about to link it.

As to the moving of the game, it would have to be really bad for that to happen.  I hope it doesn't get that bad!  

People absolutely need to protest.  But it needs to be peaceful.  We have rights (even NC gun rights) that must be respected.

Unless you are trans gender....

12 minutes ago, crushcard1976 said:

Are you hard-headed or don't get the point. The guy who was shot was disobeying the officer he had a gun he got into his car with the gun then why did he get back out of car with the gun.  Team needs take stand and say we need play the game at the stadium don't give into fear mongers 

According to the chief of police, this is exactly what happened. The guy had a gun IN HIS HAND, threatened officers with the gun, and they even told him to put down the gun. So, he unfortunately got shot. That's what happens. There were witnesses who heard the officers order the man to drop the gun and witnesses who saw him holding the gun. There was no book found at the scene. Just because an angry family member, who was not there to witness the incident, starts recording AFTER the fact doesn't make her story true. Then, the media started telling their side of the story, even though it was made up B.S. . This is just like what happened in Ferguson, MO. The Michael Brown thug, who had just committed a strong armed robbery (a class G felony in NC) was stopped by an officer. Then Mr. Brown proceeds to break his orbital bone in his face and try to take the officers gun. The thug friends, then say, " He had his hands up and got shot in the back!" Everyone goes crazy and thugs all go to Ferguson to "Protest" aka.. loot stores and tear crap up. Yeah, you can go ahead and keep throwing around that false narrative of "he was just reading a book". I guarantee you that black officer didn't shoot him over a book. The police chief said their is a dash cam video of the incident. I hope they will release it soon, so everyone can stop preaching this BLM B.S. in Charlotte and we can go back to normal. How many cops have been killed this year? What about the Shelby police officer we just buried last week? Why aren't white people or cops protesting or tearing crap up? To suggest the CMPD rides around and throws guns down after they find someone to shoot is ignorant. I guess you can just go on down to uptown later and join in.

2 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Everyone lies at some point. The only question is to what degree. 

I have never lied in 19 years of being an officer about any case I have ever been involved in. If you lie once, and you are caught in a lie, you immediately lose all credibility with the department and the courts. It's not worth the risk, besides it being an immoral thing to do.

10 minutes ago, Louie said:

I have never lied in 19 years of being an officer about any case I have ever been involved in. If you lie once, and you are caught in a lie, you immediately lose all credibility with the department and the courts. It's not worth the risk, besides it being an immoral thing to do.

Good for you, but I didn't mean to imply that you or any other cop was lying.  I said that every person lies at some point in their life.  Most of them are social lies, which are more or less acceptable.  But my point was that there is no one I would automatically believe when they tell me something about this case.  When it comes to an issue such as this, while I might tend to favor the cops, I think we should all withhold judgment until some actual proof is presented, preferably video tape. 

We are all lying

A growing body of research shows that people lie constantly, that deception is pervasive in everyday life. One study found that people tell two to three lies every 10 minutes, and even conservative estimates indicate that we lie at least once a day.

Archived