• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers/Vikes game could be moved.

nctarheel0619

10 minutes ago, PntherPryd said:

Has anyone considered the possibility the Panthers do the same thing the Orioles did?

Play in an empty stadium?

Ridiculous?  Of course.  But there is precedent.

Apples and oranges.

I feel like baseball is a game that can be played in front of an empty stadium.  It's strange, but it's doable.  Plus, there are 162 games in a season, so one game played in front of nobody isn't that big deal.

Football is meant to be played in front of a crowd.  It's so much more of an emotional sport, and players are used to either getting fired up in front of their home crowd or getting fired up in front of an enemy crowd.  Playing in an empty stadium would just drain the emotion out of both teams.  Also, one game in football is a huge deal since there are only 16 in a season, so that game means so much more than a single baseball game.

25 minutes ago, PntherPryd said:

Has anyone considered the possibility the Panthers do the same thing the Orioles did?

Play in an empty stadium?

Ridiculous?  Of course.  But there is precedent.

in europe they play soccer matches "behind closed doors".  it isn't a regular occurrence, but it does happen a lot more often than you see here.  i don't think there would be a need to do that here unless therre are active protests/riots going on saturday night and a strong sense that they will occur again on sunday with fears that their would be disruptions in the crowds.  in any case, if this is a possibility, then moving the game out of charlotte makes more sense to me.  just not to fuging minnesota!  

56 minutes ago, greghardy'sAK-47 said:

so, the deceased man had the gun hidden and the police officer just got lucky he shot this guy he thought was unarmed, but wound up being armed?  

or the police force colluded to drop a gun at his feet (black cop, black chief, a well integrated police force according to statistics) because, after all, cops always ride around with guns other than their own, so when they inevitably kill the unarmed folks they are hunting down they can just place one at the scene?

quite the view you got there, though i may have filled in a bit for you, but the positions you seem to be taking seem to point to the pictures i have painted.  it is this kind of radical thought process which stops the good conversations that could be had well before there is even a "hello".  

http://usuncut.com/black-lives-matter/7492/

It happens but your point is not invalid.

6 minutes ago, rico6 said:

So the opinions of a very small minority is supposed to represent the entirety of a group? 

Is Dylann Roof the Jessie Jackson for White People? 

People like to paint BLM as this tightly organized group. Just because someone uses the slogan BLM doesn't mean they speak for the actual group. It has become a catch phrase.

2 minutes ago, Vikesfan said:

People like to paint BLM as this tightly organized group. Just because someone uses the slogan BLM doesn't mean they speak for the actual group. It has become a catch phrase.

Yes, the base of BLM use the movement like it should be, but a select few use it like it is being used now in NC.  They ruin it for all.

Archived