• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam getting a concussion was his fault

TheSpecialJuan

1 minute ago, Fox007 said:

In what world would a defense not hit someone in that situation?

The giff shows it's even less egregious than it was live...why was he stopping? Dood isn't gonna just hold his hand while he walks in...

Did he stop because at that point he was in? Then he got hit and went for the second effort. That concussion was not his fault. It's really shocking to me that he "deserved" this one, by the narrative being created. Because nooooo, his head isn't protected as a runner or a passer. 

6 minutes ago, Kevin Greene said:

No it wasn't, it's the League allowing players to continually blast him helmet to helmet.

camhit2.0.gif

I'm gonna defend my QB.

Hell, he was standing ACROSS THE LINE and the Atl player intentionally put his helmet right into Cam's and people are STILL gonna defend it as "legal".

smdh..

I'm not gonna defend him on that  because he could have easily turned up the speed and ran in and avoided the hit all together. He hsd plenty of room to avoid that collision. The fact that he could have easily not put himself in that situation is bigger to me. 

1 minute ago, tiger7_88 said:

Hell, he was standing ACROSS THE LINE and the Atl player intentionally put his helmet right into Cam's and people are STILL gonna defend it as "legal".

smdh..

Him letting up is due to the fact that he was already in. I'm not sure how he put himself in position to get this head shot. He was in and that's when his speed let up. The defender took the shot and he then went for the second effort. This is no fault of Cam. People love it when he's gutsy but hate it at the same time. He was across the goal line when he slowed down. 

1 minute ago, truthjuice said:

Him letting up is due to the fact that he was already in. I'm not sure how he put himself in position to get this head shot. He was in and that's when his speed let up. The defender took the shot and he then went for the second effort. This is no fault of Cam. People love it when he's gutsy but hate it at the same time. He was across the goal line when he slowed down. 

Jones is 6-1.

Cam is 6-5.

Cam was standing straight up.

And people want to pretend that Cam getting hit in the head like that was unintentional.

1 minute ago, truthjuice said:

Did he stop because at that point he was in? Then he got hit and went for the second effort. That concussion was not his fault. It's really shocking to me that he "deserved" this one, by the narrative being created. Because nooooo, his head isn't protected as a runner or a passer. 

Well they said it was his own fault not that he deserves it..it was his fault...if you could avoid something that you don't avoid who elses fault is it? Some people just have personal responsibility and don't look to blame everyone else for poo that happens to them or other people.

I'd be curious to hear what Cam has to say about it he wasn't just standing in the endzone for a few seconds then got hit..he was hit at the same time he was crossing the defense is hitting that person at all times..never will that not be a hit. Yall crazy asses talking about this is crazy is crazy like you have not watched football...or is this just the new youngin footballers talking...like have only been watching post 2000 football?

poo is football man...man the fug up...head on a swivle and all that...yall want bitch ball sounds like to me. That was football.

17 minutes ago, Kevin Greene said:

No it wasn't, it's the League allowing players to continually blast him helmet to helmet.

camhit2.0.gif

I'm gonna defend my QB.

I couldn't breathe for a moment when that happened live.  It's just disturbing.  As I've said in other similar threads, look throughout the history of the league when it comes to very large runners at any other position - TE, RB, WR...  What are defenders taught to do?  Go low on them.  It is really troubling to me that, when it is a QB who is the sizeable runner, these guys are not going for his legs, but his head.  And it's every fuging time...  They are launching themselves towards his head and nothing is being done about it.  I just find it coincidental that when it is a QB, they are targeting his head.

Also, to juxtapose what happened on that play where the whistle should've been blown once Cam crossed the goalline...  I meant to point out in the game thread that on the sack in which Love grabbed Ryan's collar, the refs blew the whistle IMMEDIATELY.  Ryan hadn't even hit the ground or given himself up yet.  But, the officials wanted to protect him.  

It's clear that they view Cam differently and I've personally grown tired of seeing this happen to him.

Props to Trai and KB for standing up for him, but it was too little, too late.

1 minute ago, Fox007 said:

Well they said it was his own fault not that he deserves it..it was his fault...if you could avoid something that you don't avoid who elses fault is it? Some people just have personal responsibility and don't look to blame everyone else for poo that happens to them or other people.

I'd be curious to hear what Cam has to say about it he wasn't just standing in the endzone for a few seconds then got hit..he was hit at the same time he was crossing the defense is hitting that person at all times..never will that not be a hit. Yall crazy asses talking about this is crazy is crazy like you have not watched football...or is this just the new youngin footballers talking...like have only been watching post 2000 football?

poo is football man...man the fug up...head on a swivle and all that...yall want bitch ball sounds like to me. That was football.

Deliberate shot though. Cam was in, period. Because we know him, he will. It blame anyone but himself. Next. 

4 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I couldn't breathe for a moment when that happened live.  It's just disturbing.  As I've said in other similar threads, look throughout the history of the league when it comes to very large runners at any other position - TE, RB, WR...  What are defenders taught to do?  Go low on them.  It is really troubling to me that, when it is a QB who is the sizeable runner, these guys are not going for his legs, but his head.  And it's every fuging time...  They are launching themselves towards his head and nothing is being done about it.  I just find it coincidental that when it is a QB, they are targeting his head.

And it was posted repeatedly in this forum after the Denver game, straight out of the NFL rule book, that even RUNNERS are supposed to be protected from intentional head shots. 

Doesn't even matter if he's a QB or not, if the defender goes intentionally for the head its supposed to be a damn flag.

The fact that any Carolina fan can see that play and comprehend "perfectly legal, nothing to see here" is beyond astonishing to me.

3 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Also, to juxtapose one happened on that play where the whistle should've been blown once Cam crossed the goalline...  I meant to point out in the game thread that on the sack in which Love grabbed Ryan's collar on the sack, the refs blew the whistle IMMEDIATELY.  Ryan hadn't even hit the ground or given himself up yet.  But, the officials wanted to protect him.  

It's clear that they view Cam differently and I've personally grown tired of seeing this happen to him.

Props to Trai and KB for standing up for him, but it was too little, too late.

All of this! Once he crossed the goal line, the play should've been dead because he was in. To prevent him from getting in (if we're gonna use that narrative), you don't have to pop him in the head. That was intentional and cheap. Cam is not viewed as a quarterback and he doesn't get the same protection. He doesn't even get running back protection. I love how Trai and Kelvin stood up for him. I'll say, that was the only hit where I thought it was questionable the whole game I think. Cam will not throw blame on anyone or point fingers though 

Archived