• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What kind of a record would make Richardson pull the trigger?

unicar15

that's exactly the same as that stretch from 97-02 where we didn't go at all, then. Right? I mean no Super Bowl rings, so if they're not a lock, they should just tank. Why not?

Yes, I'm sure the Eagles consider the four division championships and two NFC Championship games to be good years.

Since almost no one goes to the playoffs that many times in a row, I'm sure they're not ashamed to have gotten close that many times. It's always a goal every year, but in case you've missed it almost no one goes to the playoffs twice in a row and about 1/3 of the league would've loved to have gotten in once in the 7 years we got there three times.

Maybe we shouldn't bother getting to the playoffs until we know we can win a Super Bowl uncontested, at this same logic. There's a big difference between having high expectations and having unrealistic expectations.

Again, you're setting the bar too low. You say because 3 out of 7 years is better than 1 out of 7 that we should be satisfied with that. This team has had enough talent to have made the playoffs the last 6 seasons. The problem is coaching and bad decision making in the front office.

I never said that making the playoffs wasnt a successful season. The ultimate goal is to win the super bowl. Its hard to do that if you're only going the playoffs once every two/three years. This team should be a regular contender in January ever year. Not 3 out of every 7 years.

My expectation, realistic or not, is to not consistently be humilated on the big stage.

Is that too much to ask for my $4K a year?

I have often said with Fox, and I mean it, its not that he loses, its HOW his teams' lose...and they are abysmal in those loses.

As far as Fox winning games at the end of the year to get to 8-8 vs. 7-9 and so on, big deal. Most of the time we are playing first string when the team we are playing against is going to the playoffs and resting starters.

Again, you're not building off anything if you are going 7-9 everytime you go to the playoffs the year before. There are many teams in the league who are perenial playoff teams like the Eagles, steelers, colts, patriots, Giants, etc etc...The only thing thats preventing the panthers from doing the same is pussy foot coaching and decision making.

Again, you're not building off anything if you are going 7-9 everytime you go to the playoffs the year before. There are many teams in the league who are perenial playoff teams like the Eagles, steelers, colts, patriots, Giants, etc etc...The only thing thats preventing the panthers from doing the same is pussy foot coaching and decision making.

Preach My Brother

Okay then. While I'm watching this year's team you get hard to work on a coach that'll guarantee you 12 wins every year. I'm sure it'll be easy.

The point of this thread is at what time is the season done in essence. I think 0-4. I don't think anyone has made it to the playoffs after going 0-4. But I wouldn't be surprise if we lose this one that Fox isn't gone so we have the bye to change over to the interim HC.

Oh, I don't know... 0-16?

Why would the team owner want to ditch the winningest coach in team history? A coach that never posted a record lower than 7-9? One who took the team to the Super Bowl? Or got them to the playoffs three times in six years?

Maybe he would fire him if enough weenies on fan forums gnashed their teeth and typed all in caps? Get real.

Look at it from the business side. Fox brought the team respectability and he did it quick. His record and coaching brought us spots as the featured national game (MNF, SNF, TNF), rather than being the also rans way back in the national coverage.

That respect has put butts in the seats at the stadium, has driven better TV ratings, sold tons of merchandise, extended the season three times (thereby GREATLY increasing team revenues from all sources) and he has been a steady, solid performer that hasn't had any incidents (like punching out an assistant coach, flipping out at a news conference (Playoffs?!!?! Playoffs??!!?? They are who we thought they are!).

He also hasn't courted TOs, Favre's or Plaxicos out of desperation, hasn't had team alcohol problems like the Bengals or Vikings, hasn't had tampering charges leveled against him, courted a college coaching HC job, or just simply given up on the team during a rough spot.

Pull the trigger because he got out coached for the season opener and then lost a nail biter against a strong division rival in their house? After coming off a 12-4 season that ended in a butt whooping from a Super Bowl team on the rise?

Yeah, right. Fox is really about to get fired. Really. Pink slip already warm and in the printer. Stack of empty copier paper boxes right beside his desk. Yep, on his way out. Security is on alert and the doorman is WD-40ing the hinges.

Ain't gonna happen forum dweebs unless they find Foxy with a dead hooker or a live boy, to quote the old political axiom.

Call me a homer, but damn, I whole heartedly agree with this post! Excellent post and my thoughts exactly!

I'll do it for you guys....."Shut up Claws, you dumbass homer!" :D

Archived