• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Patriots gonna Patriots...

Catufb85

New England just pulled off yet another trade. Sent Jamie Collins to the Browns for a 3rd round draft pick.  Recently acquired Van Noy via trade as well.  Jamie Collins was going to be an FA after 2016 and guess Patriots wanted to get something out of him than letting him walk... GMs should take note this is how you trade and make it effective. 

19 minutes ago, Catufb85 said:

New England just pulled off yet another trade. Sent Jamie Collins to the Browns for a 3rd round draft pick.  Recently acquired Van Noy via trade as well.  Jamie Collins was going to be an FA after 2016 and guess Patriots wanted to get something out of him than letting him walk... GMs should take note this is how you trade and make it effective. 

Well they were going to get a 3rd round comp pick in 2018 for him by letting him walk after the year and now they get a 3rd round comp pick in 2017 so they didn't really get too much out of it.

52 minutes ago, Catufb85 said:

I get your point, and I suppose every spot counts, but I'm thinking they would have received a third round pick for his loss anyway. But, yeah, I like the way Billy B is forward thinking---seemingly always thinking---and thinks outside the box.

1 hour ago, Bartin said:

Well they were going to get a 3rd round comp pick in 2018 for him by letting him walk after the year and now they get a 3rd round comp pick in 2017 so they didn't really get too much out of it.

they got a year head start on developing a 3rd rd pick...

Archived