• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

OK so I'm trying to finish moving and throwing out stuff

cookinwithgas

I've been spending weekends and weeknights with friends trying to get all the stuff out of my house now that I am living in sin with my fiancee. Most of the stuff is gone, all the furniture pretty much but theres tons of crap in there that I just want to throw out, and start to get the house in shape to rent or even sell.

Are there any recommendations for services that do this kind of thing out there?

I've been spending weekends and weeknights with friends trying to get all the stuff out of my house now that I am living in sin with my fiancee. Most of the stuff is gone, all the furniture pretty much but theres tons of crap in there that I just want to throw out, and start to get the house in shape to rent or even sell.

Are there any recommendations for services that do this kind of thing out there?

Take all that "crap" to goodwill some poor folks want your old wranglers.

Sorry I didn't make myself clearer.

I've been working on this stuff for weeks. Friends and relatives have gotten all kinds of good stuff, I've donated tons of clothes and an entire formal dining room set (the exes which she refused to take out of the house for 4 years lol) to Goodwill.

I'm talking a shed with tons of old bikes up in the rafters, old computer cases, torn up halloween stuff - there are some things like mirrors that might be sold, but to be honest making a hundred bucks by spending a friday night and a saturday morning working my ass off when I could be working on all the things I need to get setup here at the new place is an area of diminishing returns.

Most of what I have in the house now is of marginal value, just 15 years of accumulated junk I could not bring myself to throw out.

I will continue to look for stuff to donate, but what I am looking for is people that do this for a fee, bring a container and get all the stuff, and sell what they can. Or rent a container for all the crap and get my friends to do it - but I don't know what a good deal is on this kind of thing....

Archived