• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Lions

unicar15

...should hold open tryouts nationwide. Think about it...they could probably pay the "walkons" like 1/10th of what they pay their pros, the walkons would have the same record, and the Lions would save/make A TON of money. I bet a lot of people in Detroit would show up to watch for a few weeks. It'd be kinda like a circus atmosphere which we all know is what makes money in this league right?

Watched Invincible last night did we?

Hah no...I was just thinking that any of us and about 25-30 of our buddies could go out there and do the exact same thing (record-wise) as the Lions. They might not be the "worst team" in the league but they have won as many games this year in the NFL as I have won...ZERO.

Good lord, they're awful :(

Now at 0-15, and likely 0-16 next week. I can't imagine what their fan boards are like.

Talking heads today had Scott Pioli of the Patriots looking possibly in that direction, maybe taking Josh McDaniels and Matt Cassel with him. Pure speculation, but an interesting scenario.

I remember back when the Lions had Barry Sanders, Herman Moore, and even our old buddy Rodney Peete. At least their fans had something to cheer for back then.

The ulitmate test of a fan is to support a team and continue to sport a team that hasn't won a game all season. That to me is a true fan and I don't know what the attendance numbers are like up there for Lions home games but they should all be appaulded at least for sticking with that team.

Archived