• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gil Brandt says Let KK Walk...

Catufb85

1 hour ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

Idk Bradberry has replaced him pretty well as a rookie andwill probably be better than Norman and not cry for the money Norman did or be the distraction. But yeah let's continue to bring up Norman. PS if we gave Norman what he wanted we wouldn't even be discussing if we should sign KK or not. Because we couldn't afford him or anything else hardly

No reason for Norman to not be on this team this year. None. People forget we needed to draft another corner with Norman. KK would probably look a lot better if WRs weren't immediately open every play.

1 hour ago, pantherj said:

KK is super replaceable. Norman was not. Gettleman's brain is backwards, so he'll probably pay KK.

I don't believe KK isn't super replaceable. Now I am not saying to pay the man big bucks but Butler isn't going to step in and be KK (his down year IMO has a lot to do with film of our front).  If we had a better DL....KK would be beasting.  

We are looking for our entire pass rush to come from his spot and opponents know it after last year 

5 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

No reason for Norman to not be on this team this year. None. People forget we needed to draft another corner with Norman. KK would probably look a lot better if WRs weren't immediately open every play.

Because our cornerbacks are obviously the issue and give up 100+ yards to pro receivers

Let's see, Bradberry was named top 22 of 25 cornerbacks this season by PFF, and has never let a big play on him or really any receiver go 60+ yards on him after week 1.

Worley held crabtree to around 33 or less yards when crabtree and him matched up. That's saying something.

Amari Cooper was silent.

Gotta wonder though, maybe Gettleman did know what he was doing...

3 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

Because our cornerbacks are obviously the issue and give up 100+ yards to pro receivers

Let's see, Bradberry was named top 22 of 25 cornerbacks this season by PFF, and has never let a big play on him or really any receiver go 60+ yards on him after week 1.

Worley held crabtree to around 33 or less yards when crabtree and him matched up. That's saying something.

Amari Cooper was silent.

Gotta wonder though, maybe Gettleman did know what he was doing...

Smh Bruh we had the 11th ranked pass defense last year. This year we are 27th behind fuging New Orleans. Bradberry is solid. Josh Norman was a playmaker for us. There's a difference. 

1 hour ago, imminent rogaine said:

if anything, this makes gman look smart. he didn't overpay in a rush to sign KK long-term. He drafted a replacement in case we have to let KK walk. Now KK's performance doesn't warrant him demanding top-dollar. If he still wants that top-dollar and someone else is willing to pay it, we are still in good shape.

Image result for exactamundo

42 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Is Short worth almost $15M for a year? I don't know. I just hope he and his agent come to their senses and realize that they aren't getting $15M per season, from anyone. Norman was one of the top 5 CBs last year and had a better 2015 than 2014. Short is not one of the top 5, probably not even top 15 DTs right now and regressed from his career year. That puts him in a much lower salary range.

I'm not paying KK 15 a year for 5-7 years. Imo, he's 13 mil the most. 

Willing to franchise him for a year. It would be best in his interest to take the franchise tag after a poor 2016 season. 

Just now, AceBoogie said:

Smh Bruh we had the 11th ranked pass defense last year. This year we are 27th behind fuging New Orleans. Bradberry is solid. Josh Norman was a playmaker for us. There's a difference. 

Just consider Josh is about to hit his twilight years in about 2-3 years. If we gave him 15m a year like he wanted, we'd be handicapped right now trying to sign our other guys on our dline. We could lose KK, Addison, and other contributors if we paid Norman that money.

Got a lot more flexibility now, and Bradberry will just keep improving. I expect him to breakout soon, he's nearly at the playmaking area. But for any rookie to hold down pro WRs like that is promising.

3 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

Just consider Josh is about to hit his twilight years in about 2-3 years. If we gave him 15m a year like he wanted, we'd be handicapped right now trying to sign our other guys on our dline. We could lose KK, Addison, and other contributors if we paid Norman that money.

Got a lot more flexibility now, and Bradberry will just keep improving. I expect him to breakout soon, he's nearly at the playmaking area. But for any rookie to hold down pro WRs like that is promising.

You guys keep making it a Bradberry vs Norman thing when it should be a Bradberry and Norman thing. Nobody is saying give him 15 million. He was tagged he was scheduled to be a panther in 2016. Gettleman cancelled that and it's proved to be the wrong decision. 

Just now, AceBoogie said:

You guys keep making it a Bradberry vs Norman thing when it should be a Bradberry and Norman thing. Nobody is saying give him 15 million. He was tagged he was scheduled to be a panther in 2016. Gettleman cancelled that and it's proved to be the wrong decision. 

Cancelled after a few months of Norman holding out?

Sure, it's perfectly normal. But for an agent to not CLEARLY interpret what Josh Norman wanted, is it really Dave's fault to assume JNo was just all about the money?

Blame Josh for having an incompetent agent working for him.

Archived