• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Any resolutions or goals for 2017?

pstall

I have an overarching theme this year of learning more and getting smarter.

From taking a DIY class once a month at a Home Depot to some courses and certifications at a community college to trying to see and visit places i never have before.

This is also the year my family goal of visiting at least 3 National Parks a year starts.

What ya got Huddlers?

In general being more principled. I have all these beliefs about animals, personal responsibility, food, the enviroment, money etc. and I want to be more principled regarding them. So here is my list: 

1. Reduce my intake of birds and mammals to practically zero.

2. Spend less money on food. Eating out less frequently and rarely purchasing alcohol at restaurants should do the trick. 

3. Reduce my foot print on the enviroment. 

16 hours ago, ARSEN said:

I'm up to 220lbs and I'd like to get to 200lbs.  I'm not fat...  I just got big for some reason.  My shoulders got wider which is weird.  I will do P90X starting sometime this month.

It's called getting older.

I started mid December giving up all refined sugar and high fructose corn syrup. I have to admit, the withdrawals were some of the worst things I have ever experienced in my life. Quitting smoking was easier than peeling myself away from that crap. I was curled up in bed for 3 days from the migraines. After a week, I had no desire for sugar at all. I've switched to stevia for what little sweetness I need now. 3 weeks and I'm down 20 lbs from nothing but that. Ive noticed also myenergy levels have stayed more even throughout the day. Good times.

I have been secretly working on the side since October so that I can save enough extra money by the end of 2017 to surprise my family with their dream vacation to Disney that my wife never believed we could ever afford. I've saved about $1600 of about $9000 that I need. It will take working on the side basically every day of 2017.

1 hour ago, 15 said:

dude I work right next to one of those gyms! looks sick.

I have no resolution really. bulking season is now over though so now it's back to shred mode. I'm eating and running like a rabbit. 

The one by my house is only 2 blocks away so we really have no excuse not to go! It's only 6 weeks! 

52 minutes ago, Jase said:

I have been secretly working on the side since October so that I can save enough extra money by the end of 2017 to surprise my family with their dream vacation to Disney that my wife never believed we could ever afford. I've saved about $1600 of about $9000 that I need. It will take working on the side basically every day of 2017.

Orlando or Anaheim?

3 hours ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

I started mid December giving up all refined sugar and high fructose corn syrup. I have to admit, the withdrawals were some of the worst things I have ever experienced in my life. Quitting smoking was easier than peeling myself away from that crap. I was curled up in bed for 3 days from the migraines. After a week, I had no desire for sugar at all. I've switched to stevia for what little sweetness I need now. 3 weeks and I'm down 20 lbs from nothing but that. Ive noticed also myenergy levels have stayed more even throughout the day. Good times.

If you really have to have sugar use the raw stuff. Brown

Its really psychosomatic.  I got a buddy who no matter what puts salt on stuff and i go dude you just THINK you need salt. Its already in your food that was just cooked.

Archived