• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Redskins Could Hire Steve Wilks To Be Their New DC

bobsfoodbasics

56 minutes ago, bobsfoodbasics said:

Assistant HC is just a title guys.

Panthers would not block this move.

First, Asst. Head Coach is a big deal within the hierarchy of an NFL team. It is not only a show of respect, it is also the primary tool for keeping talented Coaches around. As AHC, Wilks is pretty much tied to us, as we can block any lateral move, and the only upward move left for Wilks is as a HC. So Wilks really has few options. Good for us, maybe not so much for him.

So, yeah. The Panthers very well could block this move.

That said. Teams rarely block Coaches from moving. The Coaching Fraternity is like a family. You always want the best for family. If a Coach wants to try a new experience, unless you have plans for that Coach long term, you may just let him go.

4 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Rivera would never stop a coach from advancement. 

I'm sure Rivera could find replacements, easier than many fear.

Yuppers. That is one thing that fans seem to forget when they are mad at Ron. He is well respected around the league. He has people he can go to for advice. Or when word gets out what he is looking for, he has people that will help him along the way.

You can pretty much put Gman in that same vein. These two have a wide circle of influence form which to draw. IF, they decide to make a change. They will have plenty of information to cull through to make an informed decision.

8 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Yuppers. That is one thing that fans seem to forget when they are mad at Ron. He is well respected around the league. He has people he can go to for advice. Or when word gets out what he is looking for, he has people that will help him along the way.

You can pretty much put Gman in that same vein. These two have a wide circle of influence form which to draw. IF, they decide to make a change. They will have plenty of information to cull through to make an informed decision.

Two of his old linebacker coaches could be looking for work soon (Bob Babich and John Pagano) depending on what the Chargers do.

Heck, if we need a DB Coach, Chris Harris was on that staff too.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Two of his old linebacker coaches could be looking for work soon (Bob Babich and John Pagano) depending on what the Chargers do.

Heck, if we need a DB Coach, Chris Harris was on that staff too.

IF they want to make a move. Between Ron, and Gman, they have a poo ton of resources from which to draw.

1 minute ago, Kakarot said:

Would be tough to not only lose a great coach, but a great teacher. Wilks is the one coach on the entire staff I'd like to keep

I think I know what you are saying. But I am not sure that Wilks is the ONLY coach I would keep. We do have some really good coaches on this staff. I mean, there are 20 Coaches on this staff. Not all of them need to go. It just seems that way right now. What with how last season went.

4 minutes ago, DelhommesTheMan said:

If we somehow lost Wilks and McD I wonder who would be our DC? Wade Phillips? We always speculate about Norv replacing Shula never think about the other side.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

If we were to lose both of those two, we would probably have to go outside the Organization to replace them.

I would like to add, that if we did lose both of them. We do have a Coach that has the respect needed to bring in quality replacements. We probably would not have to dumpster dive looking for coaches.

1 minute ago, DelhommesTheMan said:

If we somehow lost Wilks and McD I wonder who would be our DC? Wade Phillips? We always speculate about Norv replacing Shula never think about the other side.

I'd bet on Bob Babich.

Rivera tried to hire him as a LB coach a while back.

John Pagano and Perry Fewell are also options though.

Archived