• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Redskins Could Hire Steve Wilks To Be Their New DC

bobsfoodbasics

This occurred to me as soon I saw they parted with their whole defensive staff.

Kind of makes you feel as if we should just go ahead and cut bait with McDermott and promote Wilks since McDermott is going to be gone eventually for a HC job.

That's a gamble though. You can't really tell if Wilks is any good and you may be able to bait him to stick around with a phony "Head Assistant" job and the aforementioned knowledge of McDermott leaving soon anyways.

46 minutes ago, Growl said:

This occurred to me as soon I saw they parted with their whole defensive staff.

Kind of makes you feel as if we should just go ahead and cut bait with McDermott and promote Wilks since McDermott is going to be gone eventually for a HC job.

That's a gamble though. You can't really tell if Wilks is any good and you may be able to bait him to stick around with a phony "Head Assistant" job and the aforementioned knowledge of McDermott leaving soon anyways.

It can be argued Wilks pretty much runs Panthers' practices so there is that much.  But yeah, a lot of teams throw around the AHC title.  

11 minutes ago, bobsfoodbasics said:

Assistant HC is just a title guys.

Panthers would not block this move.

There's zero chance they wouldn't block it. Rivera knows at some point McD will get a HC job and Wilks is in line to replace him as DC and he was also Rivera's initial choice for DC but was blocked from being hired here then.

Archived