• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Could Jonathan Allen Fall to 8

Catufb85

After last nights performance from Watson and Williams, IMO I believe they will be a top 10 pick even top 8.  With atleast 2-4 teams being in a position to drafting QBs like Bears, Jets, and Browns.  The Chargers needing Safety and WR help. The Browns probably going QB or garrett and the Jagaurs probably going Safety or Rb.  Is there a chance Jonathan Allen falls to us at number 8.  and if so he is the guy? IMO I think it would be a no brainer.  The draft could shape up like this, now I know its January...

1. Browns : DE Myles Garrett

2. 49ers: QB DeShaun Watson (QB DeShone Kizer, Tribusky)

3. Bears DeShone Kizer (Trubisky)

4 Jaguars RB Leonard Fournette

5. Titans : WR Mike Williams

6. Jets : QB Mitch Trubisky

7. Chargers : WR Corey Davis/ S Jamal Adams/S Malik Hooker

8. Panthers : DE Johnathan Allen.

What do you do? I say you have to take Allen over a Safety or Rb.

Dude is 2nd best elite DE.

2 minutes ago, Bogart said:

If he's there at 8 it will be the fastest selection on record, bank on it.

That's how it has been for years. Making our pick very quick. 

I would say that if Allen was available at 8 on draft day, I think DG would already make the selection the night before draft day. I think the NFL would just go ahead and announced that the Panthers already selected Allen at 8. 

It occured to me last night that this is a possibility (though we all know how Fox feels about 1st round QBs)

He's a player who can play anywhere on the line, and played largely at End last night .

I'd take him and plug him in at End and see what happened.

Jonathan Allen is listed at 6'3 265.  Would be a better version of Charles Johnson than a 43 DT.  Typcially in 43 DT's you ant them to atleast be pushing 300 depending on purpose.  43 DT Run stoppers around 300-310. 43 DT pass rushers around 285-300 with quickness.  I would say Jonathan Allen would be a great DE in our scheme.

Just now, Catufb85 said:

Jonathan Allen is listed at 6'3 265.  Would be a better version of Charles Johnson than a 43 DT.  Typcially in 43 DT's you ant them to atleast be pushing 300 depending on purpose.  43 DT Run stoppers around 300-310. 43 DT pass rushers around 285-300 with quickness.  I would say Jonathan Allen would be a great DE in our scheme.

Yeah so that number his wrong. Please tell me you did more than just Googled his name and saw the Google measurements.

Alabama players are always deceptive.  There are so many good college players around them, they always seem to be great, but once in the pros, generally are just decent.

If he does have the goods however and is available in the scenario above, then we have him, Barnett and both safeties available.

Drop down to 12 with Cleveland who desperately needs a QB and take whomever is left 

1 minute ago, Growl said:

Yeah so that number his wrong. Please tell me you did more than just Googled his name and saw the Google measurements.

That was why I said listed... Im at my 3rd site on NFL.com and seeing measurements 6'3 294.. which is that is how he measures at Pro Day/Combine.. Then yes, he would be the 43 DT.  my apologizes.  If hes there at 8 then that's your insurance for KK.

Just now, stirs said:

Alabama players are always deceptive.  There are so many good college players around them, they always seem to be great, but once in the pros, generally are just decent.

If he does have the goods however and is available in the scenario above, then we have him, Barnett and both safeties available.

Drop down to 12 with Cleveland who desperately needs a QB and take whomever is left 

2009 called for you

1 minute ago, Catufb85 said:

That was why I said listed... Im at my 3rd site on NFL.com and seeing measurements 6'3 294.. which is that is how he measures at Pro Day/Combine.. Then yes, he would be the 43 DT.  my apologizes.  If hes there at 8 then that's your insurance for KK.

We have insurance for Kawann. You play him at DE and don't look back.

Archived