• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For my college class, "Define diversity".

cardiackat88.

What is diversity to you? Also one example of diversity.

I am supposed to get your age, race, and gender. If you do not want to display that info on the forum please PM me.

I figured asking the huddle would give me a large variety of race, age, and gender options that will reply.

Supposed to be five people I interview.

Diversity in what context?

I have a diversity of talents.

I have a diversity of miscellaneous junk I keep and collect for no good reason.

I'm assuming you mean diversity in regards to relationships with people different than ourselves?

Diversity is simply the places, things and people that are different from one another. Different in what way? Well, that's subjective. A different race is different and that in itself is diverse but two people of different races can be very similar therefore not diverse or different as people.

W/M/31

On a side note when I lived out west and told people I was moving to the south they told me I was in for a culture shock due to all the diversity. When I moved to the south I found myself surrounded by religious Christians who listened to hip hop and rap, ate fried southern food and have never stepped foot outside the south in their whole lives. This was of course 15 years ago but I felt like I stepped into a bubble, not at all what I'd consider diversity compared to the west.

I think diversity is what westerners call black people.

In the corporate world diversity is usually race first and age second.

Wachovia at one point had its SVP's bonuses in some departments tied to diversity. 

But whenever i would ask when do we know a particular area is in fact diverse? I would get the look a shark makes as it bites down on it's prey.

di·ver·si·ty
dəˈvərsədē,dīˈvərsədē/
noun
  1. the state of being diverse; variety.
    "there was considerable diversity in the style of the reports"

Archived