• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Summer 2017 Transfer Season

Ja  Rhule

Leicester Mercury (main local newspaper) reports that there is zero interest in Mahrez because of Leicester £50M asking price.  That's crazy...  Mahrez was named 2015 player of the year and put in transfer request...  he was worth £70M last summer.  How much difference one year makes...

6 hours ago, C47 said:

So Manchester United have apparently agreed to a deal for Lukaku and are no longer interested in Morata. Chelsea.... you're up! 

Chelsea does not value Morata as much as Manchester United did plus i don't think Chelsea will go hardcore for him.  Won't overpay.  I think Real got greedy there. 

There's not even a few credible rumors this transfer window... wtf? At least give us something besides Barkley, Periera, and Silva to consider and realize nothing will happen later on guys.

When the Mirror isn't even talking about you, you know you're in for a dead transfer window,

20 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Nope. That's the market. Pay or sign lower/unknown talents. Morata is a good scorer. He has a knack for it. I'd love to keep him if he wasn't so sensitive about minutes. In Real, you gotta prove your worth to Zidane. If you don't, you'll be buried underneath the bench. 

James learned that the hard way. He took his spot for granted just because of his price tag and he lost it. 

Arsenal paid £54M for Lacazette who almost same age as Morata and averaged  over 30 goals a year over the last 3 years.  Morata averaged 10 goals a year over the last 3 years and Madrid wanted £60M?  Sorry but it makes absolutely zero sense. Seems like Madrid played hard ball and lost.  Now, Morata will be 26 next year and back-up...  his price will drop big time if Madrid will decide to try to sell again.

20 minutes ago, Raskle said:

There's not even a few credible rumors this transfer window... wtf? At least give us something besides Barkley, Periera, and Silva to consider and realize nothing will happen later on guys.

When the Mirror isn't even talking about you, you know you're in for a dead transfer window,

I think Spurs waiting for the market to cool off...

Madrid wanted £60M for Morata which is insane.  Leicester wants £50M for Mahrez.  Monaco wants £80M for Lemar and £130M for Mbappe... insanity...  Spurs want £50M for Walker...  Torino wants £90M for Andrea Belotti... these numbers are unreasonable...  no way any of these players worth this much...  Teams hoping someone will overpay but no one is biting.  Market will settle in August and prices will drop.

4 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Lacazette is a second tier striker who is one dimensional. You just made my point for me. Y'all paid 54m for him. That's ridiculous.

Morata has the best ratio for goals/minutes out there. It's no coincidence that Jose and Carlo loved him. You get what you pay for. 

Hahaha!  You are hilarious!  The guy scores 30 goals in 3 years and he's a top tier and worth £60M?

IMG_3404.GIF.e841826d647e2a2c20147b8dc609736a.GIF

Your #1 striker, Benzema, who is preferred over Morata...  Scored 122 goals since 2009... Lacazette scored 96 goals over the last 3 years and almost 40 last year alone.  Let that sink in.

8 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Oh yes, it's quite so impressive... to an Arsenal fan. If Lacazette were so good, he would've had a longer line of suitors. He didn't. Lacazette is considered borderline B squad material to his national team. You'll need to sniff all the cocaine in the world to believe you actually got a hell of a deal and a stud. Lacazette is worth 25M. A decent back up or above average starter in a crappy league (in this case Ligue 1).

Again, Arsenal just proved how incompetent or cheap they are to get a legitimate forward or striker. You better hope y'all don't lose Sanchez lulz

You literally failed to disapprove any of the facts I stated and focused on personal insults but that's ok...  I got that covered too.  Lacazette actually had a contract in place with Athletico Madrid and ditched them for Arsenal due to ban (don't believe me, google it).  Also, think who is taking Lacazette starting spot on France team...  oh yea, Giroud.  Guess who Lacazette replaces at Arsenal?  Oh yea, Giroud.  You are a full of fail today...  Trying to tell me your top tier striker has almost as many goals in 5 years as Arsenal second tier in 1 year.

IMG_3516.JPG.a75e05ed9228ad3d2c204722ec864752.JPG

8 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

You're a sad, little man. I expect weak comebacks from an Arsenal fan though. Oh wow! He almost went to Atletico???? No wayz!!! That's great... he'll fit right in with Carrasco (who?) -- a fellow second tier forward/striker. Talk about a fail in trying to hype up a 10 lb fish in a rain puddle. 

I usually don't pick on the teams who are non-threatening but you make it so easy.

Carrasco is a midfielder not a striker for Atletico. Antonio Griezmann is their #1 striker who is also one of the best players in the world who Manchester United was ready to pay over £100M for...  Lacazette was Antonio Griezmann replacement.  Sounds like you are lacking knowledge of LaLiga as well... keep on failing.  This is epic.

13 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Shows how much you actually know. Carrasco was deployed as a Forward and Midfielder with Atletico and Monaco. Keep up, old man.

In addition, there are reports already that Chelsea, PSG and Milan are interested in going after Morata, especially Conte. So Morata is going to be sold for 65-70m or more this summer. Bet on it. 

Carrasco is midfielder plays LM and CM for Atletico.  I'd love to see someone pay £70M for Morata and if not, you lose all talking rights and shut up.

5 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Whoa, you can read Wikipedia. If you haven't watched their games, then I'd shut up because you're proving yourself to be a severe imbecile.

Manchester United reportedly just paid 90M for Lukaku. I'm not shutting up anytime soon. The market keeps talking for me. That's laughable.

Wikipedia says he's a midfielder... also, Lukaku was purchased for £75M not £90M.  They did not believe Morata was worth £60M but you tell me someone else will pay £70M.  One of the richest clubs in the world did not think Morata worth £60M...  You promising me he will be sold for £70M.  We shall see.

2 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Conte overreacting to losing Lukaku in 3... 2... 1...

Morata, your new home will be Chelsea.

Conte #1 target is Andrea Belotti not Morata.  BBC thinks Chelsea might go hard after Alexis Sanchez who is worth £40M and way better than Morata.

Morata was perfect fit in United system but not as much at Chelsea.

Archived