• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Summer 2017 Transfer Season

Ja  Rhule

25 minutes ago, ARSEN said:

I'm totally expecting Arsenal to go up for sale.  Kroenke done destroying the team and pocketing the money.

liverpool went through all this a few years ago and are good again now. even if it all falls to poo, it's still one of the most popular clubs in the world and will get it together eventually.

16 minutes ago, rodeo said:

liverpool went through all this a few years ago and are good again now. even if it all falls to poo, it's still one of the most popular clubs in the world and will get it together eventually.

Liverpool problem was not owner but coach.  Arsenal problem is owner.

they rejected City's bids. looks like it's off. Sanchez will stay and half-ass it and laugh at the team from the bench and then the club will lose him for free.

edit: oh they rejected a 50m bid, which seems like an opening bid. take it up to 60 + deneyer and/or delph and maybe it'll go through.

49 minutes ago, rodeo said:

they rejected City's bids. looks like it's off. Sanchez will stay and half-ass it and laugh at the team from the bench and then the club will lose him for free.

edit: oh they rejected a 50m bid, which seems like an opening bid. take it up to 60 + deneyer and/or delph and maybe it'll go through.

Arsenal need some like Delph bad to play alongside Xhaka.

11 hours ago, ARSEN said:

Called it...  Arsenal fire sale.  Alexis is going to City for £60M, Ox going to Chelsea for £40M, Gibbs £10M, Perez £10M, Gabriel £12M, Mustafi £30M, Ozil £25M.  Zero players are coming in.  fug you, Kroenke.

fug.. I'd take Ozil for £25M... that's a steal!

21 hours ago, ARSEN said:

Chelsea is giving Ox $220k a week while Hazard is making $200k...  the fug?

Nelson is much better project than Ox.  I'm glad Arsenal is getting rid of him. 

Hearing that Ox blocked the Chelsea move.  Can't say I'm all that broken up about it.  If they some way end up with Drinkwater and even better Barkley, I'm good.

1 hour ago, ARSEN said:

If Alexis comes in, Sterling goes to bench. Not sure Sterling will want that one year before World Cup.

Sanchez would probably play more LW which means Sane would see the bench, not Sterling. Sane hasn't impressed lately and Pep is in love with Sterling.

1 hour ago, rodeo said:

Sanchez would probably play more LW which means Sane would see the bench, not Sterling. Sane hasn't impressed lately and Pep is in love with Sterling.

Gotta warned you tho.  Alexis is not the same players from a year ago.  He lost quite a bit of speed.  He still quick and good passer but not the same player he used to be.  His goals number is super inflated because he played a lot of CF.  He is worth £40M at the age of 29.  You will see what I'm talking about when he joins you.  He will score but he won't run away from anyone like Sane or Sterling.

1 hour ago, Shocker said:

Hearing that Ox blocked the Chelsea move.  Can't say I'm all that broken up about it.  If they some way end up with Drinkwater and even better Barkley, I'm good.

Honestly, most Arsenal players wanted to sale Ox last January.  He was terrible, made constant mistakes, always gets hurt and one of the worst finishers in England.  After January, he blows up and plays amazing in 7-8 games.  Ox more than doubled his value in 7 games.  I think Ox is perfect fit for pool because he does well in space but he's also hit or miss.  He was supposed to blow up for the past 4 seasons and failed every time until pay time came around.  That's why his contract was not going to be renewed. Arsenal also prepared for his departure by signing Kolasenic who plays the same position and he's not a bench player.

What Arsenal need is D and midfield and they need it bad.  They are about to get £150M from 3 players and they better buy someone to plug those holes.

Reports are Arsenal thinking about buying Draxler and pair him up with Ozil.  Draxler just lost starting spot to Neymar.  Draxler and Ozil play together for Germany which makes sense.  Draxler might actually be an upgrade over aging Alexis.

2 hours ago, rodeo said:

Sanchez and Sterling play the same position.  Sterling must go if Sanchez comes in. Sanchez hates being substituted so Sterling will barely play.

IMG_3820.PNG

IMG_3821.PNG

1 hour ago, ARSEN said:

Sanchez and Sterling play the same position.  Sterling must go if Sanchez comes in. Sanchez hates being substituted so Sterling will barely play.

IMG_3820.PNG

IMG_3821.PNG

that's so old, from before we signed Sane. the squad is:

(3-5-2)

Aguero     Jesus

David Silva       De Bruyne        

Mendy                 Fernandinho            Walker

Otamendi   Stones    Kompany

Ederson

(4-3-3)

Sane       Aguero      Sterling

David Silva         De Bruyne

Fernandinho

Mendy     Stones    Kompany    Walker

As you can see Sane is the odd man out. He was pushed back to LWB to try to fill in for Mendy when he was still injured, with disastrous results.

Archived