• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lessons learned from the Patriots.

pstall

I'm not going to pat the Pats on the back for the SB win.  I am however going to give them all the props in the World for being as consistent as they have been for over 15 years.

Have said it many times, all I want is for the Panthers to be is consistently in the playoffs.  Like the Steelers, Pats, Packers, etc.....are.  You keep getting there, and one of these years you are going to be healthy at the right time.  Do it like we have been doing it, and it compounds your ability to win the big one.

What do the Pats do great?

Game plan.  Bill is absolutely the best at this.

Don't over pay guys.

Figure out what players CAN do, not worry about what they CAN'T do.  This is a fatal flaw in most teams mantra.

Consistently field a top D when it comes to scoring allowed.

Make in quarter adjustments...not over the half, not in game, not in season....literally they adjust play to play.

Somehow keep every damn division opponent from remembering how to play or coach football.

21 hours ago, Saca312 said:

I'm calling us against the Patriots. Panthers have a way better team healthy than Green Bay or Dallas, and the only team competitive to us would be the Falcons imho.

You hold much more optimism than I do about this team. I hope you're right. 

On 2/6/2017 at 8:38 AM, rico6 said:

But Richardson wants to follow the Steelers' model of success. No, bitch NE is THE Franchise id do my damned hardest to emulate. An Owner who backs his QB, an organization that disdains losing, etc. When was the last time the Pats went 6-10? 7-8-1?

Right! It wouldn't surprise me if this is Rivera's last year with Carolina. TB is on the rise. ATL clearly is the team to beat in the NFC who happens to be in the NFC South.

On Monday, February 06, 2017 at 7:30 AM, pstall said:

Belichick and Brady aside. Here are off the top of my head what they are good at. Oh remove spying too.

They have athletic versatile players on both sides of the ball.

They get something in return when they let players go.

They aren't afraid to go with the hot hand and they rotate guys in so they get touches to at least get hot. 

They wrap up tackles.

They don't shoot themselves in the foot.

They don't get caught up in the draft hype. They draft guys that fit THEIR system.

Im sure I'm missing some.

So basically, they have better coaches.

No question Patriots are something special but I think you have to start with Robert Kraft.   

Patriots were a hot mess through much of the  80's and early 90's.  Then kraft buys the team.  Brings in Bill Parcells as his first head coach.  Replaced by Peter Carroll.  Followed by the Belicheat.    Kraft is also the guy who is not afraid to remind the commish who the commish works for (and this was long before Goodell).  To me Kraft is the reason for the Patriots ascendancy.

I love the Panthers motto "Keep pounding" but that's about emotion.  Basically says "we are underdogs but we keep trying".

Patriots motto "do your fuging job".   No emotion there.  Stone cold killer.  They know they are the poo.

Atlanta's "rise up" is pathetic.  Basically says "get up off the floor after the ass fugging you just took".

As much as I loathe the Patriots I respect the hell out of them.

I do like their "do your job" motto. If we all do our job, at the end we'll be where we need to be and have the result we're chasing after.

I saw Bill writing in his notepad early in the game when ATL was having their way, and knew they'd eventually get something going. ATL lost this, more than the Pats won it though.

Archived