• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Free Agency/Draft Tracker Thread: Post News Here!

Saca312

3 hours ago, Cracka McNasty said:

Just because we sign a guy doesn't mean we won't cut him there are better options out there. 

Remember Tiquan Underwood? I remember half the board heralding him as the next great deep threat and he didn't even make it out of camp. It's not a big deal if we signed Philly to another contract because he might not make it on the final roster because someone else will become available. 

Who?

Walterfootball reports Titans honing in on Adams as likely pick at #5 if he makes it to them.

Reports Titans like what they see out of Adams and Hooker more than the cornerbacks, but overall impressed with the strength of the backfield group.

On 3/2/2017 at 4:01 PM, Saca312 said:

Walterfootball reports Titans honing in on Adams as likely pick at #5 if he makes it to them.

Reports Titans like what they see out of Adams and Hooker more than the cornerbacks, but overall impressed with the strength of the backfield group.

Could see it from a mile away.  Why I never understood why so many were so excited about Adams.  He's been mocked to the Bears, Jags, Titans (most likely), Jets, and Chargers.  He's not making it to 8 and if he does, there's probably a reason all those teams passed.

Jay Cutler wants to sign with the Texans. Could affect the Bears draft.

http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftrumormill/article/Jay Cutler Wants to Sign With the Texans

With free agency fast approaching, time is running out for the Chicago Bears to trade veteran quarterback Jay Cutler. The Bears let be known they were shopping Cutler, and throughout the league, no one thought Chicago would get anything for Cutler. Thus, Cutler is likely to be released and has a favorite spot for where he would like to play next. Multiple sources tell WalterFootball.com that Cutler wants to sign with the Houston Texans. 

Cutler likes the situation in Houston with a No. 1 receiver in DeAndre Hopkins, a fast secondary receiver in Will Fuller, the eighth-ranked rushing offense led by Lamar Miller, and the No. 1 defense in the NFL. While Cutler has had issues with interceptions in his career, many around the league believe he would be an upgrade over Texans' 2016 starter Brock Osweiler, who struggled with interceptions and a lack of accuracy last year. Cutler would bring more accuracy and experience to the position with the arm to push the ball vertically to Hopkins and Fuller. Via safety K.J. Dillon, Houston's training staff also has experience working with players who are type-1 diabetics like Cutler. 

The Texans are expected to make a run at Tony Romo, and if Romo signs elsewhere, Houston could consider Cutler. The big issue to getting a deal down could be money, as Houston would probably only be willing to pay Cutler backup money after being on the hook to pay Osweiler a large salary in 2017. It remains to be seen if Cutler is willing to play for backup-quarterback level of compensation. At this stage of Cutler's career with a less-than-stellar reputation around the league with a propensity to throw interceptions, backup quarterback money is all that Cutler will probably be offered in free agency.

Saints looking at getting pass rush as first priority with the 1st round pick. Guys like Barnett, Charlton, Thomas likely at play during their pick.

http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftrumormill/article/Saints Lean Pass Rush at 11

Over the past few seasons, the Saints have been seeking to upgrade their defense so it can get back to championship form. Saints quarterback Drew Brees is still playing at a high level, and New Orleans has a real sense of urgency to make another Super Bowl run before Brees' Hall of Fame career comes to an end. At the Senior Bowl, WalterFootball.com heard from Saints sources that the inclination was to add an edge rusher in the first round with cornerback being another prime need. In following up with Saints' sources at the combine, the team continues to lean towards a pass-rusher with the 11th-overall pick. 

The 2017 NFL Draft is very strong at the cornerback position and the Saints feel that they could land a good corner in the second round. There should be some pass-rushers available in Round 2, but the talent dropoff from the first-round pass rushers could be significantly greater than the difference at cornerback. In many years, there can be a run on pass-rushers, and the Saints think that is possible this year as well. Right now, it sounds like the Saints' preference is for Michigan defensive end Taco Charlton over Tennessee's Derek Barnett and Stanford's Solomon Thomas. 

The Saints could end up with a second first-round pick if they trade wide receiver Brandin Cooks. ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported that New Orleans has had trade talks with the Titans and Eagles regarding Cooks. If the Saints land another first-round pick from one of those teams, they could come out of the top 20 with a defensive end and cornerback, or a wide receiver to replace Cooks.

1 minute ago, Saca312 said:

Jay Cutler wants to sign with the Texans. Could affect the Bears draft.

http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftrumormill/article/Jay Cutler Wants to Sign With the Texans

Glennon to the Bears?  They'd still be in the QB market I would think although maybe not at 3.  http://nfltraderumors.co/jets-make-big-push-sign-mike-glennon-belief-end-bears/

For you Ramczyk fans - teams worry about effort and love of the game.

http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftrumormill/article/Teams Question Ryan Ramczyk's Love of Football; Garett Bolles Impresses

Sources said that Ramczyk seems like a good kid and they don't have any off-the-field concerns about him. They don't worry at all that he could get into any trouble or fail tests. However, Ramczyk only played one season of big-time Division I football, and they said that his football knowledge reflected that lack of experience. He is behind Robinson in that regard after Robinson started three seasons at Alabama. 

The other issue for Ramczyk that rubbed some teams the wrong direction is a lack of love for football. It didn't sit well with some team sources that Ramczyk quit playing football after high school. They got the impression that he returned to the field not necessarily out of love for the game, but because he could get special opportunities by playing the game. Those sources have real questions if Ramczyk really loves football, and if he will be fully committed to doing everything in his power to max out as a player.

10 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

Sounds like smoke to me from a team or teams that not only want but NEED him in this very weak OT class.  I saw a story that his girlfriend has been an inspiration to him.  I don't see anything in his past as a bad thing at all, and in fact, the route he took to the OL factory in Madison is probably a good thing long term.

56 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

Saints looking at getting pass rush as first priority with the 1st round pick. Guys like Barnett, Charlton, Thomas likely at play during their pick.

http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftrumormill/article/Saints Lean Pass Rush at 11

Then let's take the best one so they can't have him. Thanks for posting all these links and info. 

Archived