• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Best FA Move So Far

Mr. Miagi

4 hours ago, Cracka McNasty said:

poo, I'd love if we re-signed Remmers. We need tackle depth something fierce and he has experience on either side.

I don't necessarily want him starting, but a dude with his kind of experience is invaluable. People around here act like he was Byron Bell levels of bad, and that just wasn't the case. He was an average at best RT and a below average LT. Bell was below average at best at RT and the worst in the league at LT.

I'd welcome Remmers back with open arms if it were a backup contract. 

Some people on here think they know what bad tackle play looks like, others that remember Matt Willig know what bad tackle play looks like.

I know, and I'd also welcome Remmers back.

5 hours ago, Cracka McNasty said:

poo, I'd love if we re-signed Remmers. We need tackle depth something fierce and he has experience on either side.

I don't necessarily want him starting, but a dude with his kind of experience is invaluable. People around here act like he was Byron Bell levels of bad, and that just wasn't the case. He was an average at best RT and a below average LT. Bell was below average at best at RT and the worst in the league at LT.

I'd welcome Remmers back with open arms if it were a backup contract. 

You see, people here think that he's crap against every DE he's faced. The thing is he's only been crap against speed rushers like Khalil Mack, Vic Beasley, Von Miller, etc. That's his Kryptonite, but let's be real. How many people shut down those elite pass rushers? It's the type of guys that you game plan that have made him look like a back up. Up until the SB last year, he was dominating and this line was a top 5 line in the league. But because he's had horrible games versus that elite competition he's worst than byron bell...lol. The huddle is going to huddle. 

6 minutes ago, SamMills4Life said:

Remmers gave up nine sacks and 49 total QB pressures last season, and was also flagged 15 times. He isn't an average starting RT. He's a decent backup, and should be paid as such.

13 of those games were out of his natural position at LT...

So that had nothing to do with how good he plays RT. 

Like I said he's a below average LT but an average RT. Great depth. We'd be lucky to have him as a backup next year.

2 hours ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

You see, people here think that he's crap against every DE he's faced. The thing is he's only been crap against speed rushers like Khalil Mack, Vic Beasley, Von Miller, etc. That's his Kryptonite, but let's be real. How many people shut down those elite pass rushers? It's the type of guys that you game plan that have made him look like a back up. Up until the SB last year, he was dominating and this line was a top 5 line in the league. But because he's had horrible games versus that elite competition he's worst than byron bell...lol. The huddle is going to huddle. 

Well I'm sorry. When you have have to face Beasley twice a year and then play a Von Miller in the SB, yes you need someone else. 

Archived