• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My new Favorite Pick #8 & #40

Catufb85

After watching this "Freak Show" of a NFL combine over the past 3 days I've realized and previously known that this draft is by far the fastest and freakish class I can remember on the defensive side of the ball.  Guys all week with eye-popping numbers on the bench, vertical, and 40 literally had me saying wow every time I got an alert with player to player stats.  I've been on the Fournette train sense he declared and think he still would be an amazing fit with the Carolina Panthers but with the depth of running backs and offensive players in this years draft, I am now feeling like I am thinking and analyzing like Gettleman.  With this being said I think the 1st 2 picks that would give us the best pick overall and give us the best picks that will contribute for the longest would be...

Pick #8 Soloman Thomas

Pick #40 Obi Melifonwu

These two guys put up freakish numbers and also areas of need.  Solomon Thomas could help anchor what could be one of the more feared D-Lines in the league with KK, Star, Addison/CJ, and Thomas.

Obi who is 6'4 220 just posted a 4.4 40 and a 44" vertical could help rejuvenate our Safety position adding yet another big rangy guy in a young secondary.  Bradberry, Worley, Coleman and Obi would be a solid secondary to continue to build on. 

My 2 cents.

P.S. I know this isn't the best 2 first picks imaginable but are a good possibility.

2 minutes ago, Catufb85 said:

After watching this "Freak Show" of a NFL combine over the past 3 days I've realized and previously known that this draft is by far the fastest and freakish class I can remember on the defensive side of the ball.  Guys all week with eye-popping numbers on the bench, vertical, and 40 literally had me saying wow every time I got an alert with player to player stats.  I've been on the Fournette train sense he declared and think he still would be an amazing fit with the Carolina Panthers but with the depth of running backs and offensive players in this years draft, I am now feeling like I am thinking and analyzing like Gettleman.  With this being said I think the 1st 2 picks that would give us the best pick overall and give us the best picks that will contribute for the longest would be...

Pick #8 Soloman Thomas

Pick #40 Obi Melifonwu

These two guys put up freakish numbers and also areas of need.  Solomon Thomas could help anchor what could be one of the more feared D-Lines in the league with KK, Star, Addison/CJ, and Thomas.

Obi who is 6'4 220 just posted a 4.4 40 and a 44" vertical could help rejuvenate our Safety position adding yet another big rangy guy in a young secondary.  Bradberry, Worley, Coleman and Obi would be a solid secondary to continue to build on. 

My 2 cents.

P.S. I know this isn't the best 2 first picks imaginable but are a good possibility.

I'm exactly the same mate, I'd be happy with either of those guys, but both I'd be really really pleased with think both can be game changers 

I've been high on Thomas for a few weeks now, first watched his footage about 3-4 weeks ago and began raving about him to few people I chat to

Very similar with Obi too, there was a thread about him on here, and since then ive been watching more on him and keen the more ive seen

Obi would be sick there yea....can replace LB in the box in coverage and is an enforcer with height, speed, strength....Kam Chancellor ish in terms of physical traits...if we got half of Kam out of him i'd do it.

#8 is still a thing....really depends on how it goes honestly this could be a great trade back situation but we've never done that under Gman and that's only if there is no Adams/Fournette there.

I wish we had Cleveland type picks...I'd love to be able to get Pocic in the 2nd too to replace Kalil when he's done. So many great players in this draft...so little picks.

Since Gman truly fuged up IMO by not getting Henry last year Howard is another guy I'd want if we had the extra picks.

4 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

I love it that Huddle finally came around to Solomon Thomas.

A few NFL scouts were saying he wasn't sexy enough to go in the Top 10. After having a killer combine, they disappeared.

For me, it's Adams, Fournette, then Thomas 

1 minute ago, Fox007 said:

I wish we had Cleveland type picks...I'd love to be able to get Pocic too to replace Kalil when he's done. So many great players in this draft...so little picks.

Pocic, take him in the 2nd at 40. Hell, he should be here in the 3rd. 

4 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

Maybe, but we could do worse also.

Who would you suggest?

As I mentioned in the other thread, I don't think teams are going to bite the hook on simply sliding guys into positions of need this year with the quality of talent at the top and I hope we aren't the team that does. I think OJ Howard has pretty firmly established himself as a Top 11 pick for instance in contrast to Derek Barnett, who plays a coveted position of need but is nowhere near the prospect Howard is. The draft is deep enough that I think teams will just wait to add "need" players, if you can call them that, and get what's good while the getting is good. 

8 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

I love it that Huddle finally came around to Solomon Thomas.

A few NFL scouts were saying he wasn't sexy enough to go in the Top 10. After having a killer combine, they disappeared.

LOL, what?  They still say he's too small.  He's a shade under 6'3, and barely 273 pounds.  

4 minutes ago, Mr. Miagi said:

Pocic, take him in the 2nd at 40. Hell, he should be here in the 3rd. 

He will not be there in the 3rd but it'd be one of the quickest card cash ins ever.

I could see Elfein in the 3rd though...we've had some luck at OSU OL and those country corn bread mother fugers are usually good OL.

Archived