• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dave Gettleman's Philosophy

Mr. Miagi

In Gmans defense, he had no cap room at all his first 2 years here.  Last year, he had no cap room because he was planning on Norman signing the franchise tag.  Once it was rescinded, there was no one left worth signing.  So we carried that money into this year.  FA hasn't started yet...if it comes and goes without him making a splash, than I'll agree with you.  But until that time I'm going to give him a chance since this is really his first offseason with money to spend.  

5 minutes ago, Smithers said:

In Gmans defense, he had no cap room at all his first 2 years here.  Last year, he had no cap room because he was planning on Norman signing the franchise tag.  Once it was rescinded, there was no one left worth signing.  So we carried that money into this year.  FA hasn't started yet...if it comes and goes without him making a splash, than I'll agree with you.  But until that time I'm going to give him a chance since this is really his first offseason with money to spend.  

Tbh, he doesn't have much money to spend.

about 22m left in cap from the numbers Im seeing. 

Just now, nctarheel0619 said:

Barry Church (supposedly a high priority for us) just signed with the Jags.  It's started, sir.  Oh, it's started.  

No one can "sign" until tomorrow at 4:00pm.  Sure, teams can negotiate.  But you can't sign anyone.  

Besides, no one but our front office truly knows who our targets are and who we are talking to.  

Just now, Smithers said:

No one can "sign" until tomorrow at 4:00pm.  Sure, teams can negotiate.  But you can't sign anyone.  

Besides, no one but our front office truly knows who our targets are and who we are talking to.  

Well, I guess you can say he will sign with the Jags on a four year deal then.  Hence the reason some people around here aren't too happy.  To make matters worse, it's barely 6 per year.  

Archived