• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How to fix it (Defense)

Mr. Scot

The Defense needs to want to hurt everyone one every hit. Try take there head off, break a leg and maybe even kill someone. I'm serious, they need to play fuging hard. It doesn't matter who we got a DT if they play every play like the other team just stole and raped there family and made him watch. Play like it's the last play ever. They are lucky to play Football so they need to give it there all. They do that and 1 and 2 don't even matter. Davis and Beason are playing hard though.

I just can't get behind this defense anymore. I can't stand the scheme, I can't stand the bend-don't-break philosophy, I can't even stand the quotes about the D. For instance, Meeks and his "swagger" quote. ????? this D hasn't had swagger since 2005. Or emphasizing "running to the ball." Please tell me a D that doesn't run to the ball. And worst of all, "going back to the fundamentals." No explanation necessary.

Fox hired Meeks knowing full well what kind of D he wants. that tells me Fox wants pretty much the same D. So I blame Fox more than anyone. And I don't believe it will be fixed. YOu can't turn crap into cream.

This is the problem, it starts here : No one on defense is scared of losing their job. EVER. Fox will let you suck week in and week out. Once you get there, you have it forever. No fires get lit under people. Nothing.

Our players need to know that if you suck, if you miss tackles over and over, if you are too scared to lay a hit, then you will be benched for someone that can and most likely will be cut.

They aren't scared. That's the problem.

I think the defense actually played well enough last night though.

If prior to the game we knew that the Panther's defense would allow the Dallas offense to score only 13 points, we would have all celebrated. While the defense still did not look great, it played good enough to win this ballgame. It was the Panthers offense that did not get it done in this game.

The Defense was fine as a whole. The tackling was the worst I have ever seen the panthers tackle. EVER. If we made tackles, that would have been an entirely different game. Godfrey isn't our only problem, but he has no "instincts" for his position. For example, players with instinct start breaking on the ball before its thrown. People without react while the ball is in the air. Our defense ended up looking worse in the end because we were on the field the entire 3rd quarter. Our offense was left in the locker room.

Truth be told, the Cowboy offense got in its own way plenty of times last night (take Romo nearly going into the fetal position on a blitz for one).

Scheme wise, we showed some things that other people will look at on type and take note.

Execution though? Lacking, and primarily because at points they just weren't tough enough :(

Well Fox basically fox should do what he did in the 1st half. That was good game planning but we have to adjust to the offense.

I would bench Peppers in game when he starts sucking ass. Charles Johnson outplayed him last night.

More man to man coverage. We have talented corners they can handle it.

Sign Sean Smith.

Well Fox basically fox should do what he did in the 1st half. That was good game planning but we have to adjust to the offense.

I would bench Peppers in game when he starts sucking ass. Charles Johnson outplayed him last night.

More man to man coverage. We have talented corners they can handle it.

Sign Sean Smith.

Sean Smith is a rookie corner for the Dolphins.

Shaun Smith is the former Browns DT that was cut by the Lions.

Granted it might be a good idea, but if we sign him, we won't get him for four games (steroid policy suspension).

You cannot run a Tampa 2 with Bad Dline play. You have too really have a good dline too run the Tampa or cover 2 defense. Fox is so stubborn not to blitz more and play more Man then coverage. If you are not getting pressure with your front 4 you need to generate pressure some how. You have fast LB who can blitz why not use them. Philly doesn't have the best Dline but they have great blitz packages. Not bringing in a D-coordinator who can bring new Ideas was a mistake and shows Fox has a problem with adapting and taking other's peoples opinion.

Sean Smith is a rookie corner for the Dolphins.

Shaun Smith is the former Browns DT that was cut by the Lions.

Granted it might be a good idea, but if we sign him, we won't get him for four games (steroid policy suspension).

they can appeal it through the NFLPA by saying he already sat out four weeks because no one would sign him due to the suspension.

Archived