• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What will he do? Who do you take?

Catufb85

3 hours ago, UpstatePanther said:

I forget who it was, but one of the big prognosticators just bumped Hooker and Adams in favor or Peppers as the top safety prospect. im not sure one way or the other myself on that one, but that could mean we may target him or one of the other two, whoever falls. then again, if all the guys you mention are gone, i would go with Corey Davis in a heartbeat, or that CB Lattimore. Even Barnett would be good, though i would have a bad case of the "what ifs" if we take Barnett with Davis still on the board.

I've seen a few guys say some teams have told them that Peppers is the best Safety in the class and worth a top 10 pick.  But I've seen other guys say that some teams have told them that Peppers is a "football" player, but he doesn't have a set position and should be a late 1st/early 2nd pick.  Basically, I think he's as all over the place for teams as he is for fans...a true wildcard  So he could throw a serious monkey wrench into this draft. 

7 hours ago, jayflip said:

1. All the players ever will be drafted before 8. That includes 2018 class as well. 

2. You don't draft (or not draft) a player based on the message it may or may not send. You draft a player to make your team better. I would be A-OK with the top corner if that's how it plays out. Worley would be solid depth and the CB position is one that can easily claim players to injury. 

3. Corey Davis, maybe even Ross, potential trade back with QB needy team. We'll get our stud and I trust our scouts and GMan to bup bup bup bup. 

haha

11 minutes ago, Woodie said:

I've seen a few guys say some teams have told them that Peppers is the best Safety in the class and worth a top 10 pick.  But I've seen other guys say that some teams have told them that Peppers is a "football" player, but he doesn't have a set position and should be a late 1st/early 2nd pick.  Basically, I think he's as all over the place for teams as he is for fans...a true wildcard  So he could throw a serious monkey wrench into this draft. 

Yeah, guys like him with no clear position are probably all over the place on teams' draft boards. On paper, Peppers is basically a more athletic version of Shaq.

7 hours ago, Catufb85 said:

More and more scenarios are playing out that the main guys we would be targeting at #8 will be gone. Now this is all peculation because we don't know how 1-7 will pan out. But what if Fournette, Allen, Thomas, Adams, Hooker, and OJ are all gone by 8.  Those are considered the top guys at their positions which happens to be area of improvement we need.  Comes to my mind is well poo... Gettleman said he isn't reaching for tackle. But does that leave the 3rd best safety, the 3rd or 4th pass rusher, the 2nd best RB (which many have opinions who that is) and the #2nd best TE which in my opinion is reaching at 8.   So what does that leave top corners and wide receivers and Linebackers. I can't see us taking a linebacker.  What message does it send to your claimed starting corners if you take Lattimore or Humphrey. 

Thought I'd throw a monkey wrench and see where y'all would go at 8 if they plays out.  

Personally I'd go Mike Williams or Corner. Could Peppers be in play? Does Gman pick Cook? Barnett? 

1) Browns - DE Garrett - They cannot possibly fug this up

2) 49ers - DE Solomon Thomas - SF goes for best available player and Thomas stays in the Bay area. Would give them a tremendous front line w/Armstead and Buckner.

3) Bears - SS Adams - Fills a major need for them. They haven't had a quality safety since Mike Brown

4) JAX - RB Leonard Fournette - Jags are trying really, really hard to be relevant. From those ridiculous uniforms to the stupid pool in that stadium. Yes, they already have 2 RB's but neither is very good. Fournette will sell tickets.

5) Titans - CB Marshon Lattimore - Titans go for best CB on the board. Could also go for safety Malik Hooker.

6) Jets - TE OJ Howard - These are the current TE's on Jets roster:

7) Chragers - DE Jonathan Allen - Chargers run a 3-4 defense and Allen would fit in perfectly. LA could also go with Malik Hooker here.

- This mock would be the worst possible scenario for us -

And you can see that there would still be good players (Hooker, Allen, Barnett) available for us. We're fine.

That's probably the nightmare scenario for the Panthers.  At that point, all the QBs would still be on the board, so maybe a team would trade up.

If you stick, I think Lattimore is who the pick should be based on talent.  Bradberry/Lattimore would give us two elite man corners and Worley would be great depth.  Worley might even be able to transition to safety?

But I'm not sure DG would be willing to draft a corner in round 1 (unless Wilkes is changing up the D).  So if you throw him out, it's probably Barnett, McCaffrey, or Davis.  That's the order I'd guess the Panthers would rank them.

5 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

And you can see that there would still be good players (Hooker, Allen, Barnett) available for us. We're fine.

This would suck because I'm a huge fan of Hooker's game but I know DG would pick Allen and call him a "DE".

Note:  Seattle doesn't much care about the typical D-Line archetypes and it works for them.  They throw guys all over the place.  I just wish Allen was even slightly athletic, because he has monster highlights.  But he's in the 27th SPARQ percentile...for DTs.

2 minutes ago, uscgamecocks said:

This would suck because I'm a huge fan of Hooker's game but I know DG would pick Allen and call him a "DE".

Note:  Seattle doesn't much care about the typical D-Line archtypes and it works for them.  They throw guys all over the place.  I just wish Allen was even slightly athletic, because he has monster highlights.  But he's in the 27th SPARQ percentile...for DTs.

Right. Many draft "experts" list Allen's comp as Michael Bennett

I am willing to eat effing crow on this...

1. A QB, or 2, will go before pick 8. Not necessarily to teams currently holding that pick.

2. Ross is fool's gold in the 2017 draft class.

3. We will pass on a guy that will bring this forum into uproar: Adams, Thomas, Hooker, Allen or Howard... or maybe more than one of those.

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

8 minutes ago, uscgamecocks said:

Probably so. Remember when he sold us Shaq by saying the addition of Shaq would allow us to play more base 4-3 and not have to show our hand so much on D? Then we ran nickel almost exclusively. LOL!

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Probably so. Remember when he sold us Shaq by saying the addition of Shaq would allow us to play more base 4-3 and not have to show our hand so much on D? Then we ran nickel almost exclusively. LOL!

Yeah I was not thrilled with that pick.  Partially because I really wanted the Florida OT (Humphries) and he went one pick ahead of us.

But I remember saying that night that the Shaq pick only made sense if he could play SS.  It seemed obvious at the time that we weren't going to radically alter our defensive packages - this is a passing league, and teams are using 3 WR sets more each year.\

I still hope we can find a way to get him more PT (without losing TD, of course).  He's really fun to watch.

Archived