• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My Ridiculous Trade up theory

I think it is all fluff at the moment.

At some point, the Browns are going to want to start negotiating with #1. At that point, it will be common knowledge.

I see it playing out like this:

1. Browns - Garrett
2. 49ers - Watson
3. Bears - Thomas
4. Jags - Allen
5. Titans - Trade down or Lattimore
6. Jets - Hooker
7. Chargers - Mike Williams
8. Panthers - Fournette, Adams, or trade down
9. Bengals - Trade down or Corey Davis, Barnett, or Reuben Foster
10. Bills - Trubisky
11. Saints - Barnett, Humphrey, or McCaffrey
12. Browns - Trade up or Peppers, Ramczyk, or Lamp

I think the Browns are going to try to trade up. If they do, things could domino into interesting things for us at 8, if they don't trade up with us.

That's a pretty fair assessment, I just honestly really think the 49ers would be better served moving back with someone, snagging more pics and still getting their QB of the future. But who Shanahan wants is the question.

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I've debated GMan potentially being on the hot seat and mortgaging our future first rounders on this year's draft.

One of the players I would move up for is Garrett. He's consensus #1.

I would possibly trade up for Thomas, Fournette, or Adams, too. But I think we'd rather play wait and see for at least a couple picks if Garrett isn't the #1 pick.

If Garrett doesn't go #1 and the 49ers lose their poker face and go QB #2, then Chicago's phone will be ringing off the hook. I don't know that Garrett can last past #3, where either the Bears or their trade partner will take him.

Garrett has great stats against weak competition but gets lost when playing the big boys in the SEC.  Witness his disappearing trick against LSU last Thanksgiving (they hung 54 pts on them).  He, in my opinion, is a late first round talent.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion I guess....I get maybe not being the best overall but late first rounder is a Reeeeeaaaccccchhhhhhh

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Archived