• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My Ridiculous Trade up theory

Ok so it hinges on the Brown's.... about this trade rumor between the panthers and 9ers that everyone seems so "fond" of..everyone is freaking out saying "omg don't trade up for a RB" assuming it is fournette. Maybe Gman knows something about the team sitting at #1 that we dont, or he's just a master at reading between the lines.

So the Browns have quietly assemebled a beast Oline this off-season and could be planning on passing on Garrett for fournette and taking a qb at #12, following the Cowboys model for success, pairing a young QB(watson at 12) with a stud RB behind A great oline....so in that scenario wed be trading up with the 49ers, a new GM/coach combo with numerous holes to fill wanting to stockpile picks, to grab the consensus top player in the draft, Myles Garrett. And ppl will say "ohh you'll have to give up a first next year" but you gotta think Dave is prbly banking on having a late 20s-30s pick next year so it far outweighs the value of that having Garrett, when we have 2 second rounders and one 3rd rounder this year, can give a 1st next year and a 2nd and 3rd this year and still get 2 or 3 solid players this year combined with a monster Garrett.

This is all crazy speculation but not outside the realm of possibility. We shouldn't be this close to the top of the draft again anytime soon so I'm banking on Dave wanting to make a splash, nab as close to a sure thing as possible and bell cow monster pass rusher for the next 10 years. Would be one of the most epic pre draft smokescreens ever, leaking how "interested" we are in various RBs to effectively snag the best player in the draft.

Flame away

3294079fcc58f114bce2a3014c914160.jpg

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I think it is all fluff at the moment.

At some point, the Browns are going to want to start negotiating with #1. At that point, it will be common knowledge.

I see it playing out like this:

1. Browns - Garrett
2. 49ers - Watson
3. Bears - Thomas
4. Jags - Allen
5. Titans - Trade down or Lattimore
6. Jets - Hooker
7. Chargers - Mike Williams
8. Panthers - Fournette, Adams, or trade down
9. Bengals - Trade down or Corey Davis, Barnett, or Reuben Foster
10. Bills - Trubisky
11. Saints - Barnett, Humphrey, or McCaffrey
12. Browns - Trade up or Peppers, Ramczyk, or Lamp

I think the Browns are going to try to trade up. If they do, things could domino into interesting things for us at 8, if they don't trade up with us.

Archived