• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

49ers Are 'Open For Business' For #2 Pick

bobsfoodbasics

It wouldn't cost NEAR what the trade chart says since they are so desperate and any additional assets is better than none, but I'm still not sure.  Maybe 8, 40, and 64 for 2 and Tartt, if we ensure we get our man.  I don't want to give up a pick next year since we're already down one but maybe our 1st for their 2nd next year could be swapped since they'll likely only be a few spots away.

Honestly, if we traded our entire draft this year and did not touch next years draft we would getting a bargain (it should cost us more).  It is stupid expensive and IMO would be for ONLY Garrett and personally I don't think he is worth it either.

I wonder if it's SF putting rumors about the Browns wanting a QB at 1. I know Schefter reported it, but he said 1 NFL Exec said it, so what if it's SF saying it in order to entice more teams to consider it. 

The only player that I would pay a king's ransom for at #2 would be Garrett. I'd love Fournette, Adams or Hooker, but not for the pricetag it would cost. 

By the same token, the Browns always seem to go full Browns and f it up some how, so I also wouldn't be surprised if Cleveland drafts Trubisky or Watson.

50 minutes ago, rodeo said:

Combined with that report that Garrett may not go 1st overall, I would be happy with moving up. But not for Fournette.

If the Browns pull a Browns and pass on Garrett I'd love to get him.

12 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Honestly, if we traded our entire draft this year and did not touch next years draft we would getting a bargain (it should cost us more).  It is stupid expensive and IMO would be for ONLY Garrett and personally I don't think he is worth it either.

8 this year and next year's first could get up to 2. I'd definitely consider that. Would be getting game changing best player in draft AND still have our 2nd rounders and comp pick to add solid depth or possible starters in this deep draft. Ideally would only be losing pick 32 next year too.

14 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

8 this year and next year's first could get up to 2. I'd definitely consider that. Would be getting game changing best player in draft AND still have our 2nd rounders and comp pick to add solid depth or possible starters in this deep draft. Ideally would only be losing pick 32 next year too.

Yeah, I hear you.  For Garrett its tasty but giving up next years one is risky as it gets.  Cannot imagine having Garrett here though.  Wow.  I would have to believe that SF would want very close to what Philly gave last year and that is just way too much.

I did notice an interesting stat:  Garrett had 8.5 sacks last yr but 4.5 came against UT San Antonio.  Feels like a sack master would have more production.  Just saying.

15 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

Not even close. First of all, next year's first is considered to equal a second this year. Go check the chart and you will see how far you are from reality.

13 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Yeah, I hear you.  For Garrett its tasty but giving up next years one is risky as it gets.  Cannot imagine having Garrett here though.  Wow.  I would have to believe that SF would want very close to what Philly gave last year and that is just way too much.

I did notice an interesting stat:  Garrett had 8.5 sacks last yr but 4.5 came against UT San Antonio.  Feels like a sack master would have more production.  Just saying.

They're not getting what Philly gave up or even close.  

30 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

haha i like your thinking

Archived