• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Windows 7 Installed

Ranucci's Big Butt BBQ

Just installed this the other day due to a major computer crash, thank god I was able to backdoor my old hard drive and get everything off. This is the premium edition and not the beta.

7 is very nice, not a flaw that I can find yet. Only took 15 minutes to install and my computer doesn't freeze up when it goes into sleep mode like it did with Vista.

Yeah, I upgraded because I'm lazy, and ended up wiping and doing a fresh install. I love windows 7. I would let it babysit my unborn children its that good.

When I first got my laptop, it of course came with Vista. then there were the service packs, but it still was really weird and temperamental. I was about to go all XP on it. It wouldn't even let me dual boot with unbuntu 9, alas. So as soon as the 7 Beta came out, I jumped on it, and i've upgraded every step of the way. I am a total fan boy now.

While it feels faster, that's because it just works. Sure some programs work a little slower, but I don't have all the errors and "permissions" come up slowing me down. Best dern windows os since XP.

Had Vista for something like almost 3 years, once I got past the warnings about disabling UAC, and the vendors made drivers that worked, it's been great.

I think I will attempt the upgrade to 7 later this fall...usually I am a fan of rebuilds, but in this case I'll take a chance and see how it goes.

Archived