• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Intermittent Fasting

Jackofalltrades

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Losing weight will do that. You are probably eating way less too. So all that is good news. 

The bad news is LCHF has really bad side effects that won't show themselves until often it is too late. You should consider moving off of it once you hit your new goal. Move to a diet with zero bad side effects, only positive ones. 

I know people who have been on Keto for over a decade and they're still waiting for these supposed side effects. You stick to your plants, I'll stick to my delicious diet that is working in every fashion. 

7 minutes ago, Jackofalltrades said:

I know people who have been on Keto for over a decade and they're still waiting for these supposed side effects. You stick to your plants, I'll stick to my delicious diet that is working in every fashion. 

You will come around eventually. Just hope it isn't too late.

12 minutes ago, Jackofalltrades said:

Not even remotely true, but whatever. I eat more calories, than I did before fasting, and it comes from saturated fats and moderate protein. I don't even care about my caloric intake, have never counted calories and yet still...

Again, I'm living it and there's nothing you can say to convince me because I have multiple sources of data, or all types, that show it works and it's safe. 

You have never counted calories yet you know you are now eating more calories than before.....

Yeah, that makes no sense.

Fact, if you lost weight you consumed fewer calories than you spent.

Undeniable truth. Saying it is false really discredits anything else you say, which is a shame because there may be some good things with fasting.

7 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

You have never counted calories yet you know you are now eating more calories than before.....

Yeah, that makes no sense.

Fact, if you lost weight you consumed fewer calories than you spent.

Undeniable truth. Saying it is false really discredits anything else you say, which is a shame because there may be some good things with fasting.

There's nothing factual or undeniable about it. I know you struggle with being wrong but it happens. You do you, I'll do me. I hope your plant based diet does all you want it to, because my diet is. 

19 minutes ago, Jackofalltrades said:

There's nothing factual or undeniable about it. I know you struggle with being wrong but it happens. You do you, I'll do me. I hope your plant based diet does all you want it to, because my diet is. 

Hope so. Should you find yourself in the ER,  remember this conversation. 

There are a million ways to lose weight. There aren't a million healthy ways... I sincerely hope you don't cause permanent damage to your body JOAT. I've been where you are and no dietician (worth their salt) in their right mind would recommend a "diet" this extreme. Stay safe.

Source: I did intermittent fasting in 2010 and lost over 100bs.

So yes, I lost the weight. However, I lost most of my muscle, formed an eating disorder and had my first epileptic seizure in over 15 years.

On 5/10/2017 at 3:03 PM, Jackofalltrades said:

Calories have nothing to do with it, same with weight loss in general. It's a hormonal thing, not caloric. 

Completely false. A lack of calories will fug up your hormones as will too many. Hormones also affect your appetite but quality calories has a lot to do with hormones.

Intermittent fasting is great for people who don't know how to eat healthy, disregard portion size, or quickly lose weight but not concerned with loss of muscle or strength.

The best diet you will ever have will consist of small meals of quality calories throughout the entire day, zero sugar, high akaline diet and a calorie intake that is directly tailored to your activity levels.

Fasting to me is a quick lazy way to lose weight without worrying about important things like excersise, micro and macro nutrients. I would never suggest it long term. It benefits those or overeat in the first place the most.

Also never compare yourself to what 'jacked' people do as many will do extremely unhealthy things to get that body, including things like fasting too quickly burn the fat for a show...and that doesn't even compare to what else they do.

If I could just get people to understand one thing about a healthy lifestyle it would be that what your putting in your body is more important than when you do it, how much, excersise etc etc. 

It's all about what you're eating above all.

7 minutes ago, Lumps said:

Completely false. A lack of calories will fug up your hormones as will too many. Hormones also affect your appetite but quality calories has a lot to do with hormones.

Intermittent fasting is great for people who don't know how to eat healthy, disregard portion size, or quickly lose weight but not concerned with loss of muscle or strength.

The best diet you will ever have will consist of small meals of quality calories throughout the entire day, zero sugar, high akaline diet and a calorie intake that is directly tailored to your activity levels.

Fasting to me is a quick lazy way to lose weight without worrying about important things like excersise, micro and macro nutrients. I would never suggest it long term. It benefits those or overeat in the first place the most.

IF leads to the infamous "skinny fat".

To answer the original op s question - a couple years ago I did modified fasting - you eat about 600 calories a day - just do it for one day and then back to normal  for a few days - I tried it for a couple of weeks and averaged about a pound and half a day of weight lost - I have a small farm and work out almost daily so I burn a lot of calories - the hardest thing for me at the time was not drinking Any alcohol at night - since then I have weaned myself off alcohol except for my " days off " and have lost weight just by doing that, cutting out table salt , cutting way back on cheese and other dairy products and limiting my sugar intake. The first couple of weeks of limiting myself was difficult, but I quickly found that what you do and do not eat quickly becomes a habit whether good or bada.   I am and have been a pescatarian  for  about 20 years or more so do not eat any meat and only once or twice a week any fish.

http://www.webmd.com/diet/a-z/fast-diet-review

Archived