• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

#40 Pick traded to the Hornets, Pelicans select Dwayne Bacon

nctarheel0619

12 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Cho has to trade our second rounder for cash and stuff.  Why not just keep Jackson?  

Bacon has a good bit of potential and the trade helps 'em stay under the tax cap. He does need to improve his 3 pt. shooting.

First off, I was upset last night with the trade back for Cash. It just blows my mind how we do this every year.

But, I am not upset we didn't take a PG. I feel like there is no way Cliff would trust a rookie PG to run the 2nd unit. That goes against everything that he is.

I do wish we didn't trade back and get Semi or Bell, but to be honest that feeling is just from draft projections and what others want. I don't really follow college ball except when we get to the Final 8 and the Duke/Carolina games.

Positives: We were a lumbering team last year. It is nice that we are going after explosive athletes with potential. He has tools but needs to develop which we can do with the Swarm near by.

3 hours ago, Shocker said:

Cho has to trade our second rounder for cash and stuff.  Why not just keep Jackson?  

Jackson isn't more than a 3rd point guard right now. Sure, he could certainly develop into more, but there was no way we could have expected him to come in right now and play the Jeremy Lin role that we missed last year. Plus, Clifford is a big fan of Briante Weber in that 3rd PG role and frankly, so am I. Trading back for a guy that further solidifies wing depth and has nice potential is nice and the cash that came with him will be helpful when we have to pay some luxury tax this year. That full MLE in free agency will put us over the tax line.

I liked Jackson as a prospect, but I like Bacon too. Given the choice, I'm ok with rolling with Weber at 3rd PG and taking the cash with Bacon. 

Cho will put the full court press on a backup PG in free agency.

59 minutes ago, nctarheel0619 said:

I was against Kennard as well.  Jackson can't shoot worth a s hit.  So.................

Shut up i hate talking basketball with walmart tarheel fans..

Jackson is a young expolsive pg with a really good out side shot and nice size... with alot of upside

As a backup developmental pg to kemba he would have fit perfectly

Archived