• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

8 years of no playoffs

Snake

47 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Hardly, it's pointing out that outside of that year we have been average.

I guess that's lost on a lot of people. I mean I could include the overall record as a whole and you would think that we were averaging 12-4 seasons but in reality we had one amazing year, two years of poor play, and one year where the roster was already in place for him to succeed.

And before I get called out for not giving him credit for the 12-4 season, I also won't give credit to who ever the GM is for this coming year if we run the table cause it won't be their team.

So basically you're saying only 2 out of 4 seasons are really his, 2014 and 2016. Lol

8 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

So basically you're saying only 2 out of 4 seasons are really his, 2014 and 2016. Lol

Nope. 

Just pointing out how average the team has really been.

Cause I know if Hurney takes over and this team and the team makes the playoffs everyone is going to give Dave the credit.

19 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Last time Hurney was here he signed enough players to bloated, ill advised contracts, to screw up the Panthers cap space for four years after he was canned.  Under the circumstances Gettleman worked miracles with the team while having one hand tied behind his back.  Now that we've finally gotten our cap under control, look who's here to muck it all up again.

In addition to that Hurney was incapable of drafting decent talent consistently beyond the first round (when he hadn't traded it away the previous year to move up for a sure fire thing). 

Hurney will turn out to be a one man wrecking crew if he is allowed to do anything more than fetch JR's biscuits and coffee every morning.

Bad quote. lol

No way I would say that. 

You obviously don't know how terrible Hurney was. I rather see Bill polian walk though that door and he sucked. 

Is the roster different? No. Is Marty Hurney going to change if Cam gets more calls this season? Is Marty Hurney going to control wether or not Luke Kuechly can lead one of the best defenses in the NFL? NO. Change your diaper sir.

1 minute ago, MBronson said:

Is the roster different? No. Is Marty Hurney going to change if Cam gets more calls this season? Is Marty Hurney going to control wether or not Luke Kuechly can lead one of the best defenses in the NFL? NO. Change your diaper sir.

You are playing checkers. He is playing chess. This year doesn't matter. 

The amount of overreacting over a interim GM is ridiculous.

Theres not a chance he gets the keys to car, he may get to ride shotgun and sign someone due to injuries but other than that he's a placeholder.

I challenge anyone to find me an interim GM in any sport who's managed to fug up a team in one season.

1 minute ago, MillionDollarCam said:

The amount of overreacting over a interim GM is ridiculous.

Theres not a chance he gets the keys to car, he may get to ride shotgun and sign someone due to injuries but other than that he's a placeholder.

I challenge anyone to find me an interim GM in any sport who's managed to fug up a team in one season.

And the reason why people are pissed is why have a temporary fix? If winning is the main goal,  go ahead and go all in with the person who can do it. Now we got a shaky GM temporarily. With a shitty track record.  I just don't see stability nowhere in this situation. This is just half ass from the top. I hope we do win the Superbowl but unless some real changes take place this ship will sink very fast.

19 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

You are playing checkers. He is playing chess. This year doesn't matter. 

I don't see this year's outcome on the field being impacted much at all by Hurney. 

Possibly a few differences in personnel decisions, especially when it comes to bringing bargain basement players with the potential of having an impact, something DG was rather adept at doing. 

Then again, Hurney might work a trade or two and drop a load of cash to go all in on a Super Bowl run.

Most certainly TD and Greg will be getting paid, but the team won't have to deal with the repercussions of those contracts until a season or two down the road.

This year's product on the field is pretty much on autopilot GM wise.

If the team wins a SB, the credit should largely go to DG, Ron and the players on the field.

And that begs the question:  What if this team wins the SB?

How foolish will JR's decision to can DG look then?

3 minutes ago, Malt Liquor said:

And the reason why people are pissed is why have a temporary fix? If winning is the main goal,  go ahead and go all in with the person who can do it. Now we got a shaky GM temporarily. With a shitty track record.  I just don't see stability nowhere in this situation. This is just half ass from the top. I hope we do win the Superbowl but unless some real changes take place this ship will sink very fast.

It takes time for a search to get the right person and place. So I understand the team wanting to go with familiarity.

I honestly don't see it affecting the team this year because ideally Hurney just gets a free ticket to the game and that's it.

A new GM can be introduced after the season and then we'll go from there.

Worst case scenario we win the Super Bowl and the interim tag is removed but at least we get that Super Bowl.

Archived