• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Another tidbit from my source

Snake

Was talking to him yesterday and about what has been going on in camp and he said there are rumors that Cam might not be ready for SF. They were hoping that his shoulder would be responding better at this point but the scar tissue has yet to relax and pushing it could be even worse than missing the start of the season. He said the training staff is working hard to get the scare tissue to release and the first had hopes he would be ready for the preseason but it's looking like that's not going to happen. Of course the Panthers are keeping a lid on this but I expect they won't be able to too much longer. 

Thanks for the info. It doesn't surprise me. Despite Cam having the best medical care available and his reputation for taking care of himself it happens. It sucks, but it's life. I hope he heals fully and properly, if that takes a little extra time then so be it. It does, however, worry due to DA's struggles this TC. Much ado about nothing perhaps, but we'll see soon enough. 

I'm speculating but it might be why TC hasn't seen many new formations. Shula probably will enter week one with DA starting and nothing really spectacular on offense till Newton is back. We will rely on the D to keep us up and going. 

5 minutes ago, Jackofalltrades said:

Thanks for the info. It doesn't surprise me. Despite Cam having the best medical care available and his reputation for taking care of himself it happens. It sucks, but it's life. I hope he heals fully and properly, if that takes a little extra time then so be it. It does, however, worry due to DA's struggles this TC. Much ado about nothing perhaps, but we'll see soon enough. 

Best medical care?  Anyone can see him playing in week 17 and putting off surgery was MO RON IC.  Don't even have to stay at a Holiday Inn Express to see it.

1 minute ago, Nails said:

Best medical care?  Anyone can see him playing in week 17 and putting off surgery was MO RON IC.  Don't even have to stay at a Holiday Inn Express to see it.

I don't see it as moronic at all with hindsight being what it is. They knew he wouldn't do any more harm. They hoped PT and a non-surgical treatment would fix it. Once they saw it wouldn't, they operated. I'm completely fine with all of that as it makes perfect sense to me. 

16 minutes ago, Snake said:

Was talking to him yesterday and about what has been going on in camp and he said there are rumors that Cam might not be ready for SF. They were hoping that his shoulder would be responding better at this point but the scar tissue has yet to relax and pushing it could be even worse than missing the start of the season. He said the training staff is working hard to get the scare tissue to release and the first had hopes he would be ready for the preseason but it's looking like that's not going to happen. Of course the Panthers are keeping a lid on this but I expect they won't be able to too much longer. 

My source says otherwise.  To each his own.

9 minutes ago, Jackofalltrades said:

I don't see it as moronic at all with hindsight being what it is. They knew he wouldn't do any more harm. They hoped PT and a non-surgical treatment would fix it. Once they saw it wouldn't, they operated. I'm completely fine with all of that as it makes perfect sense to me. 

The season was over and our franchise QB had a torn rotator cuff in his shoulder. It was insane to have him out there. 

6 minutes ago, Snake said:

I hope you're source is right lol. Just giving it how I get it. 

Did not mean to be condescending.  Please except my apologies but I have been told a very different tale and your post is the only time I saw a chance to share it.  Keep  Pounding brother.

22 minutes ago, Jackofalltrades said:

Playing against the Bucs with even the slightest chance something goes wrong and, "best case", we win the game, hurting our draft position and helping theirs, was, is, and always will be, utterly asinine.

Archived