• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Polian says BOA will be "50% Bills Fans"

PntherPryd

3 minutes ago, Cat said:

I have NEVER seen opposing team fans make up 50% especially Falcon fans and Cowboy fans. lol You talkin out of your ass. 

Pre-Cam is was quite common.

50% may be high but not by much.

I've been going to every game since 2000. Once, I was literally the only panther fan in my row and the row in front of me. I looked around. I'd bet it was around 40% Falcon fans, or I guess just people wearing red clothing. This was my experience.

4 minutes ago, Lumps said:

Pre-Cam is was quite common.

50% may be high but not by much.

I've been going to every game since 2000. Once, I was literally the only panther fan in my row and the row in front of me. I looked around. I'd bet it was around 40% Falcon fans, or I guess just people wearing red clothing. This was my experience.

That's not my experience. Maybe you are sitting at the tip top of the bowl and that's why you are surround. I'm in upper level and have never been engulfed by other team fans.  

Fug the Bills and their fans! Bring it on. After that ass-whipping they take on Sunday they can all pack up and take their asses back up North. There won't be one Bills fan in the stadium because of me. I'll be in there as usual in Section 123. Shame on any Panthers fan that sells their tickets to the opposing teams' fans. I don't want to hear that BS about family who have been fans of "fill in the blank" for years. Fug that noise! Keep Pounding!

49er playoff game a few years ago at LEAST 30%. And that was a home playoff game lol, and that was with Cam...

I mean I'm just telling you what I've seen. BOA has never been known has a tough stadium for opposing teams until Cam...but feel free to think otherwise.

One of the best turnouts I've seen was the epic Cardinal 2009 playoff game the Panthers had a meltdown. I don't think I saw one Cardinal fan.

7 minutes ago, Lumps said:

49er playoff game a few years ago at LEAST 30%. And that was a home playoff game lol, and that was with Cam...

I mean I'm just telling you what I've seen. BOA has never been known has a tough stadium for opposing teams until Cam...but feel free to think otherwise.

One of the best turnouts I've seen was the epic Cardinal 2009 playoff game the Panthers had a meltdown. I don't think I saw one Cardinal fan.

well, if anything it's gotten worse. There was nowhere near 50% Cowboys fans at the 2003 playoff game or the 2006 Sunday Night Game or the 2004 Season opener against the Packers.

However I honestly think the 90s games had a better atmosphere than the current situation. Charlotte has gone a bit soft 

1 hour ago, Seltzer said:

There will be decent showing of Bills games based on the fact Bills fans only get to see their team in Charlotte every 8 years and there is a significant number of transplants from Western NY.  I was at the game in 2009 when we last played them and was surprised by the number of fans, although it was nowhere even close to 50% or even close to when we play any team from the NFC East or the Steelers.

I expect there to be about the normal number of opposing fans as there is when we play a division rival.

And to be honest, Bills fans are at least in my experience pretty awesome.  They are definitely not bandwagoners in any sense.  Kind of hard to be when you have the longest playoff drought in the entire NFL.  My wife's best friend's family is from Buffalo and will be at the game.  They know they are building for the future, and they will be totally happy to be competitive this year.  Bills fans love tailgating and will be entertaining to watch.  When your team has been that bad for that long, you have to focus on the experience and not the result.  

That being said, we have lost to the Bills 5 out of the 6 times we have played them.  Not sure, but we may have the worst winning percentage against them of any team in the league.

McDermott will have them ready to play.  However, we clearly have the more talented team and should win provided we don't turn the ball over.  

This. There are tons of Buffalo transplants around Charlotte.

If they give you any crap, just remind them that they have had more dildos thrown on their field in the last 16 years than playoff games that they have played in. 

12 minutes ago, xav8tor said:

Now that I think about it, there are Bills fans around here. Almost thirty years ago, there was a bar/restaurant "way out" Independence near 51 that was a dedicated Buffalo hang out type of place. Decent wings IIRC.

Township Grille.  They had great wings, especially back in the day before it became vogue for every sports bar to have them.  I miss that place.

Archived