• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I am an absolute sucker for Halloween

Hotsauce

As a kid, I remember my grandmother would go all out on Halloween decorations.  She hand made dummies and dressed them as witches and ghouls. My parents would do haunted houses for trick or treaters.  I love scary movies and think I have seen all of the classics.

Now as an adult and a father, I go all out on Halloween.  We do a huge adults only Halloween Party every year.  I spend stupid money and a lot of time decorating my house for the party.  I also like to make up my costume, in other words I don’t like to buy a costume out of a box.  

Anyway, maybe this is a pointless thread,, or maybe some of you enjoy this holiday as much as me...

19 hours ago, Hotsauce said:

As a kid, I remember my grandmother would go all out on Halloween decorations.  She hand made dummies and dressed them as witches and ghouls. My parents would do haunted houses for trick or treaters.  I love scary movies and think I have seen all of the classics.

Now as an adult and a father, I go all out on Halloween.  We do a huge adults only Halloween Party every year.  I spend stupid money and a lot of time decorating my house for the party.  I also like to make up my costume, in other words I don’t like to buy a costume out of a box.  

Anyway, maybe this is a pointless thread,, or maybe some of you enjoy this holiday as much as me...

My second favorite holiday next to Thanksgiving. 

The whole month of October is magical and lifts my spirits every year. 

8 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

My second favorite holiday next to Thanksgiving. 

The whole month of October is magical and lifts my spirits every year. 

Same.  Although as I've gotten older and have less time it's harder to celebrate.  Trying to convince my wife of doing a scary Christmas themed Halloween. Decorate house like Christmas and dress up like dead  santa.  Leave the decorations up.  Good til the rose bowl. 

17 hours ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

Same.  Although as I've gotten older and have less time it's harder to celebrate.  Trying to convince my wife of doing a scary Christmas themed Halloween. Decorate house like Christmas and dress up like dead  santa.  Leave the decorations up.  Good til the rose bowl. 

hqdefault.jpg

Fourth of July & Thanksgiving are my favorites

But I enjoy Halloween more now with kids then I did with no kids going to sh*tty Halloween partys. My wife and I grab a beer or glass of wine and walk the kids around the neighborhood checking out all the costumes and house decorations, some neighbors throw up speakers and blast Halloween music for the block, it’s pretty cool, except we got rained out last few years.

It's my favorite holiday. No cooking and no big expectations with family. You simply dress up, eat candy and do what you want. It's fuging great however I'm out of town this Halloween. We are going to celebrate before I leave. Decor is already out.

Archived