• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jail Broke Firesticks and/or Kodi Boxes

Paa Langfart

Apps are in flux over there, which is why I didn't mess with it too much.

I use newsgroups and have apps that just autoDL my shows when they are available.   Everything hits newsgroups first so it's nice.   Also apps for movies.  I pay $7.50 a month for newsgroup and like $11 a year for an indexer site.    Then I use Plex to play to whatever, but there's other options (including Kodi)

19 hours ago, Zaximus said:

I use newsgroups and have apps that just autoDL my shows when they are available.   Everything hits newsgroups first so it's nice.   Also apps for movies.  I pay $7.50 a month for newsgroup and like $11 a year for an indexer site.    Then I use Plex to play to whatever, but there's other options (including Kodi)

Thanks for the info - what you do is probably a bit too technical for this old man.

18 hours ago, Zaximus said:

I have no idea what you just said but I struggle with navigating my Apple TV at times so that probably says a lot about my technical skills. 

On 10/2/2017 at 8:06 PM, Zaximus said:

My understanding when it comes to legality of watching movies/shows online is that streaming is OK (or more of a grey area in terms of legality). While downloading them is outright illegal. 

Someone was telling me they pay like $20 a month for SeTV. it looks like that includes every major station. 

https://www.setvnow.com/

On 10/4/2017 at 10:22 AM, Hotsauce said:

My understanding when it comes to legality of watching movies/shows online is that streaming is OK (or more of a grey area in terms of legality). While downloading them is outright illegal. 

Someone was telling me they pay like $20 a month for SeTV. it looks like that includes every major station. 

https://www.setvnow.com/

I am a fan. It is not perfect but worth the Sunday Ticket, Redzone, MLB, NBA pkgs and 95% of all Pay channels. Even has movies on it as well as some TV show on demand. . 

On 10/1/2017 at 6:01 PM, Paa Langfart said:

do they work anymore?  I have a box that is about three years old - I cant seem to get any movies anymore on any of the channels - they are listed and have hosts listed but none of them will play.  I tried updating it with new channels - still no go.

You have to delete your Kodi and start with a new build that has the most updated links. 

A lot of times the link is what does not work anymore but the service is available. You just need a new link and they constantly change. If you have an old build it probably done. 

Archived