• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

RIP Tom Petty

Hotsauce

On 10/2/2017 at 10:39 PM, cookinbrak said:

Apparently his daughter lit into Rolling stone

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZwuOLpBTpr/?taken-by=dadlivesmatteronelove

Well, it was kinda fugged up that there were multiple stories out there about him being on life support, already dead, etc. I was driving home from the gym at about 7:30PM and Jim Ladd was doing his show on Sirius XM (was the subject and inspiration for "The Last DJ") and giving "best wishes" to Tom and his family, although other news sources had already said he was dead. Ladd was saying he was still hospitalized and had no report that Petty was gone. 

• 3 months later...

To bookend this thread.

just another opioid death in America....

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/tom-pettys-cause-of-death-accidental-overdose-w515472

according to a statement from the Los Angeles County Medical Examiner. The Hall of Fame musician had taken several pain medications, including Fentanyl, oxycodone and generic Xanax. Other medications included generic Restoril (a sleep aid) and generic Celexa (which treats depression).

1 hour ago, cookinwithgas said:

Got to see him with Steve Winwood right here in Charlotte in 2006, he was a great showman, and its always a good show when you know all the words to all the songs LOL

image.thumb.png.4a648844a235408b239d34eb3adabde4.png

As I get older I find the opportunities to see legends dwindling. Did get to see Tina Turner and Joe Cocker many years back but I would trade that for Petty and Wind wood. 

Archived