• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Curtis Samuel explains his odd choice to take a knee on late kickoff return

Castavar

5 minutes ago, E CaT PanTHer 2 said:

remember in 2012 when kyle williams fumbled the kickoff in overtime of the nfc championship game against the giants? 

biggest rookie mistake probably ever

He probably still has nightmares about that. Not to mention he lost one earlier as well that allowed the Giants to take the lead.

2 minutes ago, E CaT PanTHer 2 said:

but every single fan who watched that play unfold all knew taking a knee was a dumbass decision, and we've never played the game in our lives. 

i think it's a common sense type play.

Except for rookies who know that certain coaches DON'T LIKE to play rookies so they play scared to make a mistake, because if they know they make that mistake they'll probably be watching the games for the rest of the year from the sideline. 

And, because they are playing tentatively because they're afraid to make a mistake, they make mistakes.

Fear overrides common sense every time.

49 minutes ago, E CaT PanTHer 2 said:

but every single fan who watched that play unfold all knew taking a knee was a dumbass decision, and we've never played the game in our lives. 

i think it's a common sense type play.

it's easy to say that from your couch and not when you're in a loud opposing stadium with 65 K ppl screaming at you and real life gladiators running at full speed at you

1 minute ago, E CaT PanTHer 2 said:

umm i'm pretty sure that's why they get paid millions to do what they do. 

right and he did his job. He listened to what he believed the coach said. He secured the catch and he kneeled. He did his job he just didn't do it the way you would have in Madden

Seriously?? So you guys wanted him running head long into the 6 guys running right at him??  Because our ST's was setup to defend the OSK! And the excuse is its all Ron Riveras fault?? Where's Shonuff the only thing missing is him talking about his hi football IQ.

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Put yourself in the mind of a 21 year old kid in the NFL just trying not to fug up. He was likely told that as he was trotting onto the field. No time to ask for clarification. Wait... what? Get as much as I can and get down? What does that mean? Oh poo... ball's in the air... it's a short one... okay get what I can and get down... Runs ten yards and takes a knee. 

He's been playing football his whole life. Big-time football at OSU 

Archived