• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why Marty Hurney may have fleeced the Bills twice in one season.

Snake

1 minute ago, dldove77 said:

First, I'm not going to pretend I've seen every single quote, so I'll kindly ask you to quote where they used these exact words. 

Second, if you're only going on the quote that they said they want to get more speed on the field, I'll defer to countless other posts that give a rational explanation for what this means: why on Earth would you just bench him if you aren't going to use him. The guy can't find motivation to keep himself in shape. You think making him the third string WR is all of the sudden going to make him more valuable than third and seventh round picks?

Third, I don't even know if I believe the explanations they're giving. Coaches and GMs do tend to be a bit selective with the truth. As I've said before, I think he would have been on the market in training camp if his mother hadn't passed away. 

So you interpretation of "allowing us to get faster" is that simply trading KB solves that.  Why does it only take a subtraction of one player to allow the OC to better select his personnel groupings.  Who said that benching him was the only option?  I'm not sure how that got to be the only option.  

And when did feelings and future compensation override the need to put the best personnel on the field?  If he was a problem sit his ass a go with who gives you the best chance to win.  Worry about what you can get for him after the season.  You would have better luck trying to spin his benching than trying to sell this getting faster bull.  

4 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

So you interpretation of "allowing us to get faster" is that simply trading KB solves that.  Why does it only take a subtraction of one player to allow the OC to better select his personnel groupings.  Who said that benching him was the only option?  I'm not sure how that got to be the only option.  

And when did feelings and future compensation override the need to put the best personnel on the field?  If he was a problem sit his ass a go with who gives you the best chance to win.  Worry about what you can get for him after the season.  You would have better luck trying to spin his benching than trying to sell this getting faster bull.  

So...no quote to them admitting that they did this to motivate Shula?

1 minute ago, dldove77 said:

So...no quote to them admitting that they did this to motivate Shula?

No, it was implied by both Ron and Hurney.  Intentional or not that was the jist of it.  You can continue to believe it was because they couldn't find a way to motivate him or he would pout if he had to sit for a game or two but the reality is Shula just can't figure out who to put on the field and when. 

I have no problem with the trade in and of itself.  The reasoning behind it on the other hand is complete and utter spin to prevent them from looking more of a fool than they really are.

2 hours ago, Cracka McNasty said:

Honestly, I'm over it.

This team and their drama has been exhausting this year. I'm just going to tune in on Sunday and see how it goes. 

I’ve been taking that approach since that miserable week 3 loss to the Stains. Even before the season i felt like the Panthers were gonna have to earn nearly every victory. I couldn’t quite put my finger on why, just had a feeling that very little would come easy for us this year.

2 hours ago, Snake said:

Hes a terrible GM but sometimes you meet worse ones. I know it sounds funny but it happens. I've said it before I don't blame Hurney for being incompetent I blame JR for allowing it and thinking it's a good thing. JR has pissed on all the fans and no one really seems to care. 

You think the Eagles would hire Chip Kelly back?

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

I think you missed the point.  Doesn't matter if it was Cam or the water boy.  The point is that a player had to be sacrificed inorder to get the OC to change his game plan.  Let that sink in for a minute.

LOL, Shula aint changing man...we know better.

9 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

So that would mean Shula has more say than the GM.  The only way to override Shula is to take away his toys and hope JR is asleep while you do it.  Does that sound like competent management?

No,  and that's a whole different discussion. 

Archived