• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivera

iamhubby1

6 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I don’t mean to be a dick, but what improvement are you talking about without KB? The 54% completion rate? The 137 yards passing? The 5.7 yards per attempt compared to KB’s 9+ yards per target. The 1 reception for Shepard or 1 reception for Samuel? The sideline drop by Shepard that KB would have caught that caused ya to kick a FG instead of have a first down in the red zone?

Sorry but all the spread the ball around/speed all over people talked about didn’t happen. The OL blocked better and we ran well. Please don’t try and say that had to do with KB’s removal. All I saw was Funchess replace KB’s stats and the rest of the WRs doing nothing.

The move is done but without Mike Adams the offense has a 13 point day with 200+ yards rushing. That’s awful. Our passing game was awful. This wasn’t a game to chalk up in the trade for KB worked, it was a thank goodness we pulled it out win. 

Where did you get that from? Why does Mike Adams interception dictate how many points we score? Did he score a TD? Well if in that case if Stewart didn't fumble twice in Falcons territory we win that game 20-14 and ill give you your Adams interception back. Why do we continue to argue the "if this didn't happen, then this would happen" 

Just look at the scoreboard and performance of our previously mundane running game. We didnt need  a strong passing game when our rushing game was on like it was. The blocking was better, but the corners had to stay true. Also, we can not ignore how well Russ did in blocking. He was vital two of our 10+ yard runs.

I'm not speculating anything, this all from what WE all see on Sundays. The offense is better without Kelvin.

17 minutes ago, stbugs said:

We don’t need a strong pass game but the corners had to stay true? Man, people really do see what they want to see. Funchess got Kb’s stats and no one stepped up to replace Funchess as a threat.

If all Shepard can do is block, then leave Morton out there. He stopped that one drive with his drop, so the potential loss of 4 points evens out his two good blocks.

Also, after Adams TD, we had to go 31 yards so yes seeing as how we scored 1 TD the rest of the entire game, his INT and run back gets credit for the TD. Only Cam and McCaffery touches the ball on that 31 yard drive.

The passing offense was easily worse without KB, the Dolphins have a better run D than Atlanta (as long as Suh plays, which I hope he doesn’t), so the passing game will have to step up.

There are a lot of things said that really present 0 argument. Including only including portions of what I said in my previous post.

Everything you are claiming discredits the fact that this is a team game. You seem to focus on one player (Benjamin) and then point out that only McCafferey and Newton touch the ball  on one of our drives. 

Let me ask you this... If Funchess got "KB stats," then what are "Funchess stats?"

Rivera would be hired in a minute if we let him go. That's not to say that day won't come, but Rivera has a much better reputation among his peers than he does on this forum.

He has proven to be an elite defensive coach over the last decade plus. Hell he was won coach of the year twice in the last 5 years.

I like everyone get the frustration with him in regards to Shula. I think he felt burnt by Chud and likes having an OC he has more control over.

But in spite of his flaws, I think he is a top 10 coach. We play in a very competitive division, and hopefully this will be the 4th time we've made the playoffs in the last 5 years. Objectively speaking that is very impressive.

4 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

Rivera would be hired in a minute if we let him go. That's not to say that day won't come, but Rivera has a much better reputation among his peers than he does on this forum.

He has proven to be an elite defensive coach over the last decade plus. Hell he was won coach of the year twice in the last 5 years.

I like everyone get the frustration with him in regards to Shula. I think he felt burnt by Chud and likes having an OC he has more control over.

But in spite of his flaws, I think he is a top 10 coach. We play in a very competitive division, and hopefully this will be the 4th time we've made the playoffs in the last 5 years. Objectively speaking that is very impressive.

Great post! Just to add Chud was not respected here by the internal staff and players. Also, he is currently on his way out of Indy.

55 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

When did I say they were his fault? I say it is not common that Stewart fumbles the football in a game.  Don't tell me you think that was the first a defender tried to punch the ball out of Stewart's grasp.....

The point of the statement is that Julio dropping the ball is part of the game, and does not dictate whether or not our coaches are incompetent of winning ball games.

My point is we are winning inspite of bad coaching. We should have never been in that situation. You are priding yourself on the defense but there was no one close to julio. This vontage defense that at times the secondary is toasted on..it is julio mistake we did not control our own destiny we left in the hands of julio who usually catches that pass...Im the tyle that I want to control my own destiny not let someone else do it. This offense is not good ..defense is ok but it is not stopping people when they start passing all over the foeld with good receivers and QBs ..if we were in the playoffs right now we would probably loose bc offense is piss poor and rivera and shula balls are stuck together.

12 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

He may be a Top 10 coach but I want a coach that can take us to the SB and win it. Sometimes some coaches can get you there but will never win it bc of their mindset.  That one time you decided to play for a fg,  that blown timeout, or the 4th and 1 on the 35yd line you decide to punt. All those mis ques can cause you to loose. Great coaches cease the moment not run away.

3 minutes ago, Darvinsun said:

My point is we are winning inspite of bad coaching. We should have never been in that situation. You are priding yourself on the defense but there was no one close to julio. This vontage defense that at times the secondary is toasted on..it is julio mistake we did not control our own destiny we left in the hands of julio who usually catches that pass...Im the tyle that I want to control my own destiny not let someone else do it. This offense is not good ..defense is ok but it is not stopping people when they start passing all over the foeld with good receivers and QBs ..if we were in the playoffs right now we would probably loose bc offense is piss poor and rivera and shula balls are stuck together.

Could you show us evidence of a bad coaching win? I was just checking out the Giants, I know they have bad coaching, but I can't even find a bad coaching win there. I thought it would have been easy.

I am not priding myself on anything relative to the panthers. I am proud to be a fan. If I am going to pride myself... ill celebrate other things like my home, family or dog.

Destiny defined - the events that will necessarily happen to a particular person 

So technically we were destined for Julio to drop that ball. 

I want everyone to see that you claim that our offense is not good and the defense is "ok"

Lastly, "loose" is the opposite of "tight" and "lose" is the opposite of "win"

Cmon man, give us something rational to talk about. Again, please provide me/us with a bad coaching win. S*** even define what that is for me.

4 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Could you show us evidence of a bad coaching win? I was just checking out the Giants, I know they have bad coaching, but I can't even find a bad coaching win there. I thought it would have been easy.

I am not priding myself on anything relative to the panthers. I am proud to be a fan. If I am going to pride myself... ill celebrate other things like my home, family or dog.

Destiny defined - the events that will necessarily happen to a particular person 

So technically we were destined for Julio to drop that ball. 

I want everyone to see that you claim that our offense is not good and the defense is "ok"

Lastly, "loose" is the opposite of "tight" and "lose" is the opposite of "win"

Cmon man, give us something rational to talk about. Again, please provide me/us with a bad coaching win. S*** even define what that is for me.

That game right there was a ugly win..buffalo was a bad win, ...i guess i just expect more out of an offense and i pretty sure so does the defense...I guess your the one at your job who likes cleaning up everybody elses messes. I don't  mind helping but if your incapable of coming up or figuring out whats wrong with the performance of the people you manage then maybe you shouldn't be a manager. Maybe you have too much on your plate and need to be demoted to the one area you are good at managing.Who knows maybe this game will give the offense some confidence. I hope so bc at the state we are now SB win is not in play.

3 minutes ago, Darvinsun said:

That game right there was a ugly win..buffalo was a bad win, ...i guess i just expect more out of an offense and i pretty sure so does the defense...I guess your the one at your job who likes cleaning up everybody elses messes. I don't  mind helping but if your incapable of coming up or figuring out whats wrong with the performance of the people you manage then maybe you shouldn't be a manager. Maybe you have too much on your plate and need to be demoted to the one area you are good at managing.Who knows maybe this game will give the offense some confidence. I hope so bc at the state we are now SB win is not in play.

Ha ha ha, didn't mean invite you to a personal attack on my career. Back to the panthers.

Please elaborate on a bad coaching win. I feel like you know what you are talking about and I think a sample or example of a bad coaching win would help me understand better.

19 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Ha ha ha, didn't mean invite you to a personal attack on my career. Back to the panthers.

Please elaborate on a bad coaching win. I feel like you know what you are talking about and I think a sample or example of a bad coaching win would help me understand better.

No attack never that..LOL. Man I cant even remember the bills game but I do remember Cam saying it was ugly but it was a win. And yes all that matters in the end is that u get W, but if you don't  learn from your mistakes those same miscues can end up giving you a L..Improvement is needed badly on the offense... It is like saying well we won the game but really in your heart you know the other team played much better and because a player got hurt while making a spectacular play on the ball he dropped it...Thats a win, but really in your gut you know u should have loss. Thats how I feel. I can 't be happy with that win.... Thats how Cam was feeling bc he knows they have to do their part the offense..  Most people get dowm on Cam but I see a player that wants to contribute his part and not win bc of what someone else did.  Self and team evaluation is needed badly on offense.

There was bad coaching, bad playcalling, bad line play qb play. and we won bc the bills had a mishap happen at the end. .

8 minutes ago, Darvinsun said:

No attack never that..LOL. Man I cant even remember the bills game but I do remember Cam saying it was ugly but it was a win. And yes all that matters in the end is that u get W, but if you don't  learn from your mistakes those same miscues can end up giving you a L..Improvement is needed badly on the offense... It is like saying well we won the game but really in your heart you know the other team played much better and because a player got hurt while making a spectacular play on the ball he dropped it...Thats a win, but really in your gut you know u should have loss. Thats how I feel. I can 't be happy with that win.... Thats how Cam was feeling bc he knows they have to do their part the offense..  Most people get dowm on Cam but I see a player that wants to contribute his part and not win bc of what someone else did.  Self and team evaluation is needed badly on offense.

There was bad coaching, bad playcalling, bad line play qb play. and we won bc the bills had a mishap happen at the end. .

I completely understand where you are coming from. As fans we will always want perfection. When I was a kid watching this team... when we lost I couldn't sleep, and sometimes I would be broken up about it and not turn on ESPN for the entire week. When we won, I was happy until Tuesday, then I would reflect on what we could of done better and go into the next weekend expecting a L. 

I still do the same thing, but now I settle for the win and move to the next week expecting a W. Because one day, we will not have the superstar players we have now, and I will go back to not watching ESPN/NFL network for weeks and expecting a L, hahahaha. 

That is why we are fans tho right?

4 hours ago, OneBadCat said:

If he just became Riverboat Ron again he would be a dramatically better coach. He’s become conservative since 2015.

He only became "Riverboat Ron" when his behind was on the hot seat. Once he received that extension, he reverted back to the conservative coach that he's always been. 

Archived