• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Devin Funchess Compared To Rest Of NFC South WR1s

Saca312

Just now, thomas96 said:

Do you not realize that posting random social media posts from a year ago doesn't mean anything at all. Watch the Aints games this year. He hasn't been much of a threat at all. There have been well over a dozen WRs better than him. This year and last year.

they have a diverse set of receivers who they spread the ball around to. 

Does not downgrade how good Michael Thomas is. Saints are just smart enough to use all their weapons.

Michael Thomas is still a very good receiver. I mean, just look at his week 3 game against us alongside what he did to Buffalo.

7 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

they have a diverse set of receivers who they spread the ball around to. 

Does not downgrade how good Michael Thomas is. Saints are just smart enough to use all their weapons.

Michael Thomas is still a very good receiver. I mean, just look at his week 3 game against us alongside what he did to Buffalo.

exactly why they got rid of Brandin Cooks, they spread the ball to everyone they weren't going to pay Cooks #1 WR money

3 minutes ago, saints4lifeagain said:

To be fair to the rest of the receivers, Funchess has played 10 games, while they've played 9.

the YPC value still stands, which is pretty damn good.

The focus really is on the past two games where Funchess shifted to WR1. Granted, small sample size, but still very encouraging.

32 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

Do you not realize that posting random social media posts from a year ago doesn't mean anything at all. Watch the Aints games this year. He hasn't been much of a threat at all. There have been well over a dozen WRs better than him. This year and last year.

Where? Lol. Thomas is top 8 in receptions and yards. He's having the least talked about season ever, for a guy on pace for 1,200 yards. Catches over 70% of the balls thrown his way, again. MT just comes to work every Sunday and grinds it out. He catches the ugly poo. Across the middle. In traffic. Dudes a beast. Saints just aren't throwing the ball as much. 

He's one of 4 guys to have 65+ receiving yards in 4 straight games. 

Oh, and this...

https://twitter.com/QBKlass/status/929988092005564416?s=17

I'm a fan of Michael Thomas. But I'm still a little disappointed by him this season, after his rookie year. TG and Brandon Coleman have done as much if not more, to impact games.

On topic, glad DF is doing well. I would feel better about him as WR1 though if he had shown this kind of production over a season. I will still be happier when Greg returns.

8 minutes ago, SeoulPanther said:

I'm a fan of Michael Thomas. But I'm still a little disappointed by him this season, after his rookie year. TG and Brandon Coleman have done as much if not more, to impact games.

On topic, glad DF is doing well. I would feel better about him as WR1 though if he had shown this kind of production over a season. I will still be happier when Greg returns.

don't think that's Thomas' fault, it's just a product of a Sean Payton lead team where they pass the ball around to so many people they really don't consider anyone their #1 WR

Archived